[The Sims 3] COMPATIBILITY WITH WINDOWS 8

by jferguson869

Original Post

[The Sims 3] COMPATIBILITY WITH WINDOWS 8

★ Novice

I recently bought the sims 3 starter pack and it keeps saying it is incompatible. However I had the sims 3 a few years ago and it worked fine on the sam computer then, I don't know what's wrong and it's really upsetting. 

If you could help that would be great. 

Jemma Ferguson

Message 1 of 8 (227 Views)

Re: [The Sims 3] COMPATIBILITY WITH WINDOWS 8

Hero

Could you post the exact wording of the message you're getting ? Also were do you get it ? On trying to start the game ? Does the launcher work ?

Did you uninstall the version you had before ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (224 Views)

★ Novice
It's not a message that I'm getting, it's the fact the launcher won't open and then I'm trouble shooting compatibility and it says incompatible, everyone says it should be though so I don't understand, thank you
Message 3 of 8 (217 Views)

★★★ Novice

Try to update to 8.1 (if you haven't already done so. I'm running The Sims 3 in Win8.1 with no problem. Also try to enter the CD-Key in Origin and download it from there...

Message 4 of 8 (212 Views)

Hero

Does Origin start for you ?

Did the launcher ever open on this machine ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (200 Views)

★ Novice
Yeah origin starts and the launcher opened the first time I downloaded it, but not any more
Message 6 of 8 (192 Views)

★★★ Pro

since your on the same computer from a few years ago did you change the computer to 8 or 8.1 from an older operating system? Did you makes sure your computer was updated to make it compatible before changing to operating system to 8 or 8.1?

Message 7 of 8 (189 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (184 Views)