Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
avery10555
Accepted Solution

[The Sims 3] COMPATIBILITY WITH WINDOWS 8

So I am considering downloading the Sims 3 onto my laptop, since I have played the game before and absolutely love it, but in checking that it was compatible with Windows 8 I heard many people complaining that it will not run, or will not work well, especially on 64-bits (which I have). I was wondering if anyone knows if this is a problem that has been solved or is still ongoing, and if so, what solutions exist to correct it. Thanks!

rumbutter
Topics: 12
XP: 823
Solutions: 874

Re: [The Sims 3] COMPATIBILITY WITH WINDOWS 8

it does work for most people and not others on win 8 although ( BtDefender has a conflict with the sims 3) if Bitdefender is on your win 8... people temporarily disable it  has a conflict with the sims 3 see if this thread on the form will help you make your mind up http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/607825.page

game issue questions belong in the forum please do not pm me with game issue questions
Sentinel
dragonkindle

I just downloaded it onto a win 8 and the game played okay, but couldn't log into my account through the launcher or access anything but the base game.  Running it in compatability mode for win 7 or xp, and as an administrator solved all the issues I was having with it. 

Keeper
avery10555

Alright thank you for that information! :catvery-happy:

crinrict
Topics: 140
XP: 3,680
Solutions: 3,782

Could you accept a solution if this is sovled for you ? It will help the next person and show the helpers that it's sovled.

Good Luck and Happy Simming
Crin

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.
Help us helpers to help you

Bitte akzeptiere eine Lösung, wenn dein Problem gelöst ist und verteile XP an Beiträge, die du hilfreich findest.
Ich arbeite nicht für EA und habe sonst auch keinerlei Verbindung zu EA.
Keeper
ikutu777

The Sims3 wasn't made compatible with Windows 8. Where can I find a program to run Windows 8 in Windows 7 mode?

rumbutter

right click the game shortcut icon on your desktop-properties-compatibility-tick the run this programs  as an administrator   -tick the run in compatibility mode for select in the drop down menu select the windows 7 (or xp) click ok you will also need to check each expansion pack and stuff pack icon you have  that you do the same for each one that they have the same compability mode as your base game icon shortcut once you have selected the compatability mode for each one it's a good idea to restart the computer

game issue questions belong in the forum please do not pm me with game issue questions
Keeper
kodragirl

how do you run compatibility mode windows 7 or xp?

rumbutter

[ Edited ]

right click the icon on your desktop-properties- compatability tab-tick the box run this programe in compatabilty mode for-select in the drop down menu which one you want for example windows xp service pack 3 click apply or ok you will need to check your other expansion pack and or stuff pack icons that they all have the same compatibilty selection the same as you chosse for the base game icon

Keeper
billiemo0re

Im right clicking on game shortcut then selecting run as administrator and nothing comes up :smileyfrustrated: