The Classic Sims 3 Store 'Be Right Back' Message Problem - Possible Fix

by Dazedgrace

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Classic Sims 3 Store 'Be Right Back' Message Problem - Possible Fix

★ Novice

I had the 'Be Right Back Message' everytime I tried to buy simpoints. There are many reasons why this may be happening to you.

EG:

- You need to clear your cache folders on your browser

- Your browser may decide that today it does not want to cooperate with the sims 3 website because it hates everone

- The internet hates you

- The site is down (this is not that common, so don't assume this is the case)

- It may be a specific bug on the site to do with the area you live in. (EG: Australia)

- My Problem - I will explain my problem at the end.

Number one - Cache folders are simple to remove, just search 'clearing cache folders on (enter your browser here)' or something similar to that nature. 

Number two - Sometimes browsers decide that they want to be difficult in which case you could try using a different one.

Number three - Refer to my problem at the end.

Number four - check on twitter or various websites to see if the sims 4 website is down for other members of the sims community.

Number five - There may be problems with the sims 3 website that is only occuring in your country, in this case check with any people you know who play sims in your area/country. it may be that the sims 3 website for your country is down for matience or has a bug.

Number six - My problem. On firefox i could login to my sims 3 account just fine but as soon as I tried to buy sims points it came up with 'Be Right Back' message. I don't know why. I tried clearing my cache but that did not work. Then I tried a different browser - Chrome. It came up saying that my password was wrong! Even though I had just used the same username and password 20 times on firefox. So, I changed my password too (a nuisance, I know). It was my last resort and for some odd reason it worked. Don't ask me why one password would work on one browser and not the other but it's fixed.

I would like to thank Liz Alexander or @Fooliz for helping me with this on twitter! And suggesting for me to write my answer on here. I had no idea this place exsisted! Sorry, if my spelling and grammar is bad but all of you should get the point anyway.
This is all I know, I am deffiently no tech expert.

I hope I helped someone fix there problem and get on with there sim point bundles!

Happy Simming everyone!

ShaniaGracce or Highlighter64 x

P.S The internet hates us all, you just gotta keep trying!

Message 1 of 4 (1,001 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Classic Sims 3 Store 'Be Right Back' Message Problem - Possible Fix

Hero

Thank you for taking the time to write that. Hopefully others can profit from it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,088 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Thank you for taking the time to write that. Hopefully others can profit from it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,089 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Dazedgrace 

Unfortunatley, you can't mark the first post as solved so could you please just put the solution part in new post in this thread and mark that as solved (since this increases visibility to others).

EDIT: I will mark this as solved now (otherwise I'll forget about it). If you do see this, feel free to make a new post and then revoke my solution (Options Menu on the post - Not the solution) and accept yours instead.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (951 Views)

★★ Novice
You get a huge gold ⭐️ lol Just stressed myself silly over this same issue.
Thank you!!!! This solved my problem. 3 chat sessions on ea didn’t help. I’d changed my password but didn’t RESET it. This time I reset it and now I can access the store!!
Message 4 of 4 (719 Views)