Text missing from game after installing Pets

by khorton6

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Text missing from game after installing Pets

★★ Novice

I had not played my Sims 3 game in a while, but decided to buy pets and give it a go again. I did not open up the game before I installed the EP. It had always worked properly before, if not a little slow. The game said I needed to download the updates before I could install pets, so I downloaded everything it prompted me to. I believe I'm at update 1.42, but I'm not sure how to find out. 

The EP installed with no problems and the startup screen was normal, however once I tried to play an older neighborhood, I began to notice a lot of missing text. Text from the tutorial boxes was missing, but I was able to click buttons to contine the gameplay. I switched over to Appaloosa Plains and tried to make a new family, but any text associated with pets was missing. With the family made and in the neighborhood I had no glitches except the missing text and two horses standing in the exact same spot. 

I have Windows Vista and AMD Athlon X2 64. I'm really not sure about my graphics card. 

Please let me know if there is any other information I need to provide.

Message 1 of 7 (1,720 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Text missing from game after installing Pets

★★ Novice

As it turns out, I had some dc that must have clashed with something. I followed the instructions here and now my text is all working. I am extremely relieved, as this means I haven't wasted my money. 

Thank you for your time!

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (1,844 Views)

All Replies

Hero

This is an issue that seems to come and go for some people. I have no idea what is causing it.

What language is your game in ? Did you buy both in the same country ? Disc or download versions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,714 Views)

★★ Novice

I uninstalled the game, restarted my computer, and then reinstalled with no changes. My game is in English, and both are discs bought in the US. 

I even have some screen shots of it if it would be helpful

Message 3 of 7 (1,708 Views)

★★ Novice

As it turns out, I had some dc that must have clashed with something. I followed the instructions here and now my text is all working. I am extremely relieved, as this means I haven't wasted my money. 

Thank you for your time!

Message 4 of 7 (1,845 Views)

Hero

That is caused by DLC ? Was it mods or objects/clothing/hair/... ?

Please also accept your post as a solution in case someone else has the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (1,692 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm not entirely sure which one it was. I believe it was probably hair or clothes, but I moved everything to a new folder at once rather than checking each individual download.

Message 6 of 7 (1,688 Views)

Hero

OK. Thanks anyways and I gave you XP for coming back Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,684 Views)