Switching Computers

by Tiarea

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Switching Computers

★★★ Newbie

Ummm hi, I'm getting a new computer and I don't want to start my Sims lives all over again. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get my saves to transfer over to my new computer.

Message 1 of 2 (116 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Switching Computers

Hero (Retired)

Yes, it is possible.

Go to documents://electronicarts and copy the Sims 3 folder (or just the ones you want inside it - like saves, downloads, screenshots, library, saved outfits and sims, etc) and save it to an external drive. Once you've installed the game on your new computer - connect the external drive to the new PC and copy that sims 3 file and replace the brand new one - located in documents://electronicarts

Hope that makes sense? It's also a great way to save your time from having to redownload all your downloads. Now, you can just reinstall them via the launcher and you have it

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (113 Views)

All Replies

Re: Switching Computers

Hero (Retired)

Yes, it is possible.

Go to documents://electronicarts and copy the Sims 3 folder (or just the ones you want inside it - like saves, downloads, screenshots, library, saved outfits and sims, etc) and save it to an external drive. Once you've installed the game on your new computer - connect the external drive to the new PC and copy that sims 3 file and replace the brand new one - located in documents://electronicarts

Hope that makes sense? It's also a great way to save your time from having to redownload all your downloads. Now, you can just reinstall them via the launcher and you have it

Message 2 of 2 (114 Views)