Re: Stuck in Create a Sim/Create a Household

by vvanessaa04

Original Post

Hero

I would start with putting the savegames back.

They are in the folder saves.

The store content is in the folder DCCache. There are two kinds of files. Such with the extension dbc (leave those out those are probably the ones that give you troubles) and ebc (those are the store content)

Also put back the file ccmerged from the DCBackup folder.

Here's an explanation what files do what: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

As you said, check after everything you put back if the issue re-occurs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 18 (3,629 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok now I have another issue and I am wondering if it is because I changed files due to this error. My new problem is that I cannot update my Sims launcher. It states following error: Update Error: File Not Found.  Someone please help.

Message 12 of 18 (3,601 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm not very sure how to explain it to you, but if you downloaded any Sims not from EA, or from EA store. Or any CC/IC you recently bought or downloaded might be affecting the game, better to be said is: Reset the Downloads folder, Mods folder, or anything near that

This is an easy way, plus, it won't affect your game and also you don't need to waste time on un-instaling and re-installing while you could simply press the Delete/Cut button in seconds.

Note:If this doesn't help, I don't know what will. I'm not an expert on The Sims 3 Modding and Helping, I'm bad at teaching reallyStandard smile.

Message 13 of 18 (2,972 Views)

★★★ Newbie
DONT DO THIS! Deleted my game and all my installed content. I was really far along so thanks for nothing Standard smile
Message 14 of 18 (1,857 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having a similar problem kinda. I went to edit town/create a household to put new sims into the town. They are supernaturals. I successfully created a witch, werewolf, vampire, and fairy. I pressed the check mark but then forgot I needed to create a ghost. So I go back and the first sim that pops up I try to change their supernatural type from human to ghost. But then my mouse curser is showing the loading icon and it's been probably 20 minutes and there's no change. I try to exit cas and I can't but I can still rotate my sim with the mouse. I don't want to quit the game because it isn't saved and I don't want to loose my progress. Please help
Message 15 of 18 (1,682 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i did this and also deleted my cache and now my game is deleted Frown do you know what happened?

Message 16 of 18 (601 Views)

@zulnutspread  Your saves aren't deleted; they're intact in the Sims 3 folder you renamed.  The game can't read the contents of that folder when it's not called "The Sims 3," so it has instead created a new folder with that name, and that new folder doesn't contain any of your previous content.

The point of this exercise is to see whether the game works properly while you're using the new Sims 3 folder.  If it does, then the problem is something in the old folder, and you can start moving over your saves and other content to see what works and what doesn't.  If you still have issues with the new folder, the problem lies elsewhere.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 17 of 18 (590 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has gotten a bit older, so it's been locked to prevent any necro-posting.

If you're still having trouble with this issue, please feel free to create a new thread so we can take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 18 of 18 (498 Views)