Strange issue with new neighbourhood not appearing in new game

by Taziusdelany

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Strange issue with new neighbourhood not appearing in new game

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone!

I just purchased the Sims 3 expansion pack Into the Future, which finally completes my collection of the expansion packs! However, I seem to be having a very odd glitch that I simply cannot work out.

The game installed fine on steam. It shows up as being downloaded and appears in the game launcher. When I launch the game, I get the into the future loading screen and when in an EXISTING game I can purchase any of the related content AND get a message saying "A new town has become available for your sims to move into!".

BUT, the new town simply doesn't exist... When starting a new game and opening the town options, I get everything apart from Oasis Falls (I think that's what it's called). All my other towns show up for my various expansion packs but not that one. I tried going into an existing game and tried to move my existing family to the town after getting the "You have a new town!" notification but it doesn't appear there either. It's incredibly confusing given that everything else is showing up, just not the town.

What I have tried so far:

• Restarting the computer after download - NOT WORKED
  • Uninstalling Into the Future and Reinstalling it - NOT WORKED
  • Verifying the integrity of the game files through steam - I got a message saying 3 files were missing and it was reacquiring them, but when I launched the game there was no change

Extra Information

• I have purchased all of the packs from Steam and play it through the Steam launcher
  • I have never had any issues with any of my expansion packs until now
  • All the expansion packs show up in the Sims game launcher AND the Steam launcher
  • I have no custom content installed

Last night I uninstalled all of my sims games through Steam and it is currently redownloading the lot. I'm posting here in the likely event this doesn't work.

Has anyone else had this issue or know how on earth I can fix it? I've waited years to be able to buy this expansion and am absolutely gutted to have this problem!

Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (331 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Strange issue with new neighbourhood not appearing in new game

★★ Apprentice

I am not sure...but I think Oasis Landing is not like any other town...means you can only get there with time traveling.  (never tried anything else to access it, so I am just guessing)

Can you see the time traveller? Talk to him and he will tell you what to do!

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (333 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Just to confirm, I just reinstalled everything and it STILL won't appear

Message 2 of 4 (314 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am not sure...but I think Oasis Landing is not like any other town...means you can only get there with time traveling.  (never tried anything else to access it, so I am just guessing)

Can you see the time traveller? Talk to him and he will tell you what to do!

Message 3 of 4 (334 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh my god, thank you so much! I've spent the past two days trying to "fix" this problem and endured redownloading all my games for 2 hours all to find out I had misunderstood. 

Message 4 of 4 (297 Views)