Stones Throw Greenhouse

by Jamson89

Original Post

Stones Throw Greenhouse

★★★ Newbie

Hi.

I bought Stones Throw Greenhouse at sims store and im trying to make greenhouse for my sims. I built wall replace them with windows and make roof those glass things that comes Stones Throw Greenhouse. And now the problem when i try to plant something in greenhouse it says ''you can plant only outdoors'' so how to get this Stones Throw Greenhouse to work? is it a bug or just cant plant anything in greenhouse?

Please help. I really want a greenhouse with full functions.

(sorry my english im not very good at it) Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 1 of 16 (12,641 Views)

Re: Stones Throw Greenhouse

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem, If this thing isn't a real greenhouse I want a refund!

Message 2 of 16 (12,563 Views)

★ Novice

Did you by chance lay a floor down? I was just wondering because you can't plant on flooring. I'm not saying you didn't know that, I'm just curious.

Message 3 of 16 (12,550 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just plant them outside and use the cheat code "moveobjects on" and move them inside Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 4 of 16 (12,541 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm curious before I buy this lot but Don't Sims get minus moodlet such as *unfinished floor or paint* when you move plants after using moveobjects cheat to indoor though?

Message 5 of 16 (12,440 Views)

Problems with Sims Personal Greenhouses

★★ Novice

I have built my Sims all kinds of groovy greenhouses, always on soil or mulch, either with the planter or sprinkler, they all look beautiful and everything functions UNTIL you try planting anything, and the same thing applies if I build a greenhouse over an exisiting plant filled garden, sprinklers and lights and composters all  function, but you still cannot plant anything without the  "must be outside message", only real solution for my gardening, necter making Sims, has been to make Autumn and Winter shorter, Spring andf Summer longer and  just keep them busy learning/doing other things until the outside soil is active again. It is a little disappointing, because the greenhouses look great, but are really a waste of time and money if they don't function as growing spaces.

Message 6 of 16 (12,406 Views)

Re: Problems with Sims Personal Greenhouses

★ Novice

I am having the same problem, not being able to plant in the greenhouse. In the screenshots advertising this add-on there are plants clearly visible growing without the use of planters inside the greenshouse. Yet I haven't found an acknowledgement from EA that this is a bug.

Message 7 of 16 (12,187 Views)

Re: Problems with Sims Personal Greenhouses

★ Novice

If you look carefully on the page where you can buy the Stones Throw Greenhouse, you'llo notice that if you scroll down a bit (next to where it shows you what items you get along with this set), on the right side, it says:

* Please note that you need FREE game update 1.5.0.019000 in order for this content to work. "

So, I'm guessing that before such time that this update is issued, you probably won't be able to plant anything INSIDE the Greenhouse. And seeing as we're only at about Update 1.42 - ish, there's still some time...

Message 8 of 16 (12,095 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same problem here. Bought this on the presumption (by illustrations shown) that the greenhouse would work like, well a greenhouse. Game is fully up to date, I've never been able to plant anything inside if I use the Moveobjects on cheat I can move plants in the greenhouse but I'm unable to tend them when they're in there making the greenhouse purely for decoration. I feel like I've been duped! 

Message 9 of 16 (11,860 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

to plant plants inside the greenhouse place the planter bowls inside then you can plant pumpkins ,grapes ,peppers etc  just make sure they are spaced out so the sim can tend to the garden

to plant trees inside the greenhouse the building must be two stories high

if you do not want to use a cheat then leave one section of wall out

edit to add before winter rolls around in your game place the missing wall section or the plants will go dormant in winter

Message 10 of 16 (11,849 Views)