Steam Product Key- Can't register?

by daibora

Original Post

Steam Product Key- Can't register?

★★★ Newbie

Hiya! Well, I buy my Sims 3 games off of steam, and I keep trying to register it. However, whenever I try to, the website says that the code is invalid. Is there any way to register steam keys here? I have a lot of expansions too, so it kind of sucks if I can't. XD

Message 1 of 3 (522 Views)

Re: Steam Product Key- Can't register?

Hero

Yes, it should work

You need to contact a Customer Support game advisor for this

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Click on the orange NEXT button
  3. Select a platform
  4. Click on the orange NEXT button
  5. Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
  6. Click on the orange NEXT button
  7. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (497 Views)

Re: Steam Product Key- Can't register?

★ Novice

I just bought Sims 3 on Steam and had the same problem. I spent 6 hours of live chat with someone from Origin who had to be reminded what my problem was every 5 minutes. She even took over control of my account and couldn't get it to work and told me that expansions bought on Steam wouldn't work. When I eventually gave up and said I'd get a refund from Steam, she got the game to show up on Origin. She said she had to "convert" the code. Then it still wouldn't register on Sims3.com. I really wanted to play Sims 3, but I can't go through this with every expansion, so I wound up having to ask for a refund. They really need to fix this issue.

Message 3 of 3 (451 Views)