Somebody please help me!

by Andromache2013

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Somebody please help me!

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Please will someone help me! I killed the game earlier (while it was saving - it was taking too long and I couldn't afford to waste time) because I had to go somewhere and I wanted to have the new patch 1.39 download while I was out.  When I came back to that save (right now) I found myself in Egypt where I had been on holiday. However the game told me to pick a household and so I did. However now I returned home because it showed that these sims were long overdue they're allocated stay and I didn't know what happened to my other sims.

When I returned home all my sims were there (plus the ones that I'd had to pick in Egypt) except for the one I sent on holiday! It appeared that he had died. All my sims were mourning for him (except for his son who is a toddler) and his wife was shown as single!

Will someone please, please, please help me??!!!!!!!! 

Message 1 of 6 (208 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Somebody please help me!

Hero

It's never a good idea to turn off a game while saving. Don't think there's much you can do except load a backup if you have one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (199 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Somebody? I really need help! EA?????

Message 2 of 6 (198 Views)

Hero

It's never a good idea to turn off a game while saving. Don't think there's much you can do except load a backup if you have one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (200 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Thanks so much for replying! Well I know that it's never a good idea to kill the game (or anything for that matter) but I was seriously in a rush. I'll load the backup now - you just move the other save out and get  rid of the word "backup" in the backup save. Is that how you do it?

Thanks so much for replying!! :catvery-happy:

Message 4 of 6 (192 Views)

Hero

Yes, that's how you do it.

You'll loose some progress but I think it's better than nothing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (188 Views)

Hero (Retired)

You are the best! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Your idea worked. (Using the backup)

Seeing as I already gave you XP for just replying and I can't give you anymore I'm just giving you random XP on another one of your posts. 

Thanks so much Crinrict. Don't know what the Answer HQ would do without you.... 

Message 6 of 6 (187 Views)