Solving Version "0.0.0.0" Error

by BeyondSimsDan

Original Post

Re: Solving Version "0.0.0.0" Error

★★★ Newbie

hi i have a mac and i get the unknown error message and i cant figure out how to fix this. the launch window will not even open. Anyone willing to help me i have Sims 3 and sims showtime and supernatural.

Message 31 of 53 (1,409 Views)

★ Novice

ME TOO

Message 32 of 53 (1,359 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No matter what I freaking do it still shows up. I even bought a new game thinking it will work. I look into my Documents and the Electronic Arts file is not there. No matter what i Do I can not play the game and it is making me so mad. I uninstalled and reinstalled Origin and nothing happens. Please help , it is making me very mad.

Message 33 of 53 (1,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I don't have the any of the expansions installed yet. I've just been playing the base game for a while without updates because of this error. I'm so glad there's a fix for this. :manvery-happy:

UPDATE

ok so i cleared the cache, re installed orgin and i'm still getting this problem.

I really don't want to re install the game.

I got the game from my mom who installed it on her computer, could this be  part of it?

I have windows 7, could this be a part of it?

I have Avast Antivirus, could this be a part of it?

Do I really have to reinstall my game? I can only use the base game with no updates because of this problem. My mom got it when it first came out so could it be that it is an older version not compatable with the new updates? Do I have to buy a current era base game?

Message 34 of 53 (1,247 Views)

Hero

How did you try to update ? Through the launcher or by manually downloading the patch ?

It's neither a Windows 7 issue nor that you have an older base game.

Reinstalling might be necessary but downloading manually instead of through the launcher might help.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Patch-1-39/td-p/67858/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 53 (1,242 Views)

★★★ Novice

first I updated through the launcer, then I tired manually. I still get the same thing. "An error has occured, please see lod for further details". Version 0.0.0.0

I only installed the base game because installing the other expansions would prompt the update.

We lost our copy of World Adventure and Ambitions. We don't have any stuff packs.

The installation order on my computer is

Base game

Late night

Generations

Supernatural

I borrowed all the games from my mom who has also installed them on her computer. Is it possible that the updater thinks the game is pirated?

Message 36 of 53 (1,225 Views)

Hero

I'm afraid that there's probably no way round a clean reinstall.

Try uninstalling following the instructions here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 53 (1,217 Views)

★★★ Novice

Should I buy my own copies then?

Message 38 of 53 (1,209 Views)

Hero

Does your mom still have the game on her computer and do you still live in the same household ?

If you live in the same household, it's ok to have the game on multiple computers.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 53 (1,206 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have a PC. I did everything above but I still cannot run the game.

Message 40 of 53 (1,110 Views)