Skylight Studio Problem

by emclarec

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Skylight Studio Problem

★★★ Novice

I downloaded the dance studio, and it said that it installed. I went on my game and the dance studio wasn't there. I started a new game and it wasn't there either. I looked at the edit town option and it is under my community lots. But I can't find it! I don't know what to do, and I feel like I just wasted 20$ on it Frown

Message 1 of 4 (1,082 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Skylight Studio Problem

Hero (Retired)

so the studio is in your community lots option ? you place the studio yourself in the world your playing in find an empty 40x40 click on the lot to change the type to for example gym then place the studio in your world that you are playing in

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,132 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

so the studio is in your community lots option ? you place the studio yourself in the world your playing in find an empty 40x40 click on the lot to change the type to for example gym then place the studio in your world that you are playing in

Message 2 of 4 (1,133 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

That reply is not the solution if you can't find it under community options (mine isn't there either). Then you can't tell someone where to put it in a sim world.

Message 3 of 4 (979 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@sdunlap16

for the OP this is solved as they had the studio in the community lots tab but didn't know they had to place it ingame as store venues do not auto place if your skylight studio is not showing up in your community lots tab that's a different issue , here are some tips that may help uf they don't let us know and we'll see what other help and tips you can try

I can't find the venue I've installed

Venues are especially tricky and if you have a lot of content, have the tendency to not install at all.

First make sure that it's really not in your game. You should find the venue in the edit town in the community lot library. Sometimes they don't have a real name but only numbers. The icon they have also varies from showing as Store Content (the little shopping bag) to user-created content (red rosette).

If it's really not in the game, install it again, using this method:

• Close the game and launcher
  • Backup the whole folder documents\electronicarts\thesims3 to an external drive or some other safe location
  • Move the folder DCCache to the desktop
  • Start the launcher. ALL of your custom content except houses and Sims will be gone from your installed content. Not to worry about that.
  • Install the venue again
  • Check documents\electronicarts\thesims3\library if you have a new file which starts with ebf_ and has the timestamp fo the time you've installed the venue. Start over, if you don't
  • Delete the newly created DCCache folder in documents\electronicarts\thesims3 (NOT the one on your desktop)
  • Move the DCCache folder from the desktop back into documents\electronicarts\thesims3
  • Start the game. The venue should now be in your library and you should have all your stuff back as well.
  • If anything goes wrong, replace the whole folder with the backup you made.
Message 4 of 4 (973 Views)