Re: Sims3 Hidden Springs redeem code used

by OzJohn

Original Post

Sims3 Hidden Springs redeem code used

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I don't see Sims 3 "Hidden Springs" in the option menu but suppose all addons are supported. I see other posts about the clumsy forum interface and have to agree.

I bought "Hidden Springs" locally today.  The package wasn't obvious that it was a download only, not a disc. Wouldn't have bought it as I live in an internet black spot and prefer not to do large downloads as my wireless link is limited.

Finally after some time jumping through hoops to redeem the code, I simply get a message "code already used". It has certainly not been used by anyone between me paying at the store and going online to redeem it.

After jumping through the forum UI hoops this is the only place which seems to offer support.

Can I ask either -

- You adjust things at your end so it does not show as used

- You send me another code (you should be able to access my email addy)

- You arrange a refund of AUD$29.00

please?

Message 1 of 6 (3,583 Views)

Hero

Where did you try to redeem the code ? At Origin or at thesims3.com ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (3,570 Views)

★★ Novice

At Sims3, the address on the slip. From there the support options route to Origin.

Message 3 of 6 (3,565 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Further to above - I went back to the store I bought the package from. They were kind enough to give me a replacement, as the assistant remembered the one I bought was from the shelf, unsealed, with the code card in it, not their usual practice, so it may have been copied.

The new code also tells me it has already been used.

This is getting ridiculous. Am I able to get this on disc? I will meet any gap in price (was AUD $28).

I can find no means of direct contact with Sims or Origin - everything ends up pointing to this forum.

Message 4 of 6 (3,559 Views)

Hero

Did you check the purchase history here: https://store.thesims3.com/purchaseHistory.html ?

---

If it's not showing up, you need to talk to customer support (live chat)

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Choose a category, a game and a platform for the contact options to show up.

If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.

See this post if you have trouble with the site: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (3,546 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Checking purchases does not show a transaction across the counter in a local store. Inability to even download is the issue. The purchase history offers me the free Riverview download which, incidentally, never downloads, but cuts at about 10%. Seems like downloading anything from EA doesn't work for me, so I'm getting less value for buck than other purchasers.

Neither option is any help. One offeres a small selection of FAQ, but not mine. The other seems to require Skpe or something. I don't have that, being in an internet black spot and on limited wireless bandwidth.

EA have clearly removed the "Call me" and email options. A phone call wouldn't be cheap, but a simple email option would be very practical and helpful if the intention is to provide good customer service.

Message 6 of 6 (3,535 Views)