Sims

by Gamingfolk

Original Post

Sims

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I recently upgraded my computer in order to play some of the newer games that are coming out. I have the sims 4 but I wish to play the sims 3 as I have spent a lot of money on expansion packs. I will be able to play for about 3 minutes then the sims will stop responding and crash. All of the graphics settings are on the lowest options and it still crashes, I have turned off v-sync in my graphics card control panel. I downloaded 'The Sims 3 Crash analyser' and it says that 'the sims is running out of memory'? I have downloaded the file that patches the LAA to no avail.

My Computer Specs:

Windows 7 service pack 1, 64 bit

8.00 Installed RAM

Processor: Intel Pentium CPU G3258 @ 3.20GHz

GPU: GeForce GTX 750

Thanks in advance,

Gamingfolk

Message 1 of 31 (470 Views)

Re: Sims

Hero

Could you post your complete DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 31 (452 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi,

Here it is.

Thanks in advance,

Gamingfolk

Message 3 of 31 (444 Views)

Hero

Which drive to do you have the game installed on ? Which drive is your documents folder on ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 31 (419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi,

It's on the local disk drive (C: )

I don't know if it's worth adding that I do also have a second hard drive which is (D: )

Thanks In Advance 

Message 5 of 31 (415 Views)

Hero

Your c drive is running a bit low on space.

Try just moving your doc folder to d: http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-move-windows-7-personal-folders-my-documents-another-dri...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 31 (410 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I'll do that right now.

Message 7 of 31 (407 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I did what you said yet it still crashes. Any other suggestions? I also included screenshots.

Thanks In Advance.

Message 8 of 31 (400 Views)

Hero

Does CLA still give the same error ?

Could you maybe post the whole part CLA gives you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 31 (386 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yes it does. I'm not sure what you mean by the whole part, but here's what it says 'Max Memory Used - try to reduce memory usage by lowering settings'. Also I don't know if it's worth mentioning that I have tried DEP

Message 10 of 31 (380 Views)