Re: Origin Installed Sim Expansion Packs and I can't find them and they don't ru

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims is crashing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Okay, I'm really hoping somebody can help me. I have multiple expansions of the sims 3, mostly all bought via disk. I recently purchased Late Night from Origin for the sims 3. The download went good and installed as it should do, however.. I have a lot of problems with my sims because of CC and mods, so it crashes a lot. To stop it from doing so, I have done the whole data execution prevention thing and it works. But, I cannot find the Sims 3 Late Night expansion pack in my Electronic Arts folder to add it to my Data Execution Prevention list. Apparently downloading expansions off of Origin makes the files download into a new file. I have no idea what file it is in or where it is located. I am on a laptop, windows 10. If you guys could help me, that would be great! Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4 (256 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin Installed Sim Expansion Packs and I can't find them and they don't ru

Hero

Hi @amberBABEH

I split your post from the mac thread

You should not do DEP anymore. It's not longer necessary and can actually cause more issues.

Try resetting your user files instead as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (253 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@amberBABEH The EP should be installed in Origin Games folder in Program files. Default location C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games or C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3 (EP03)

Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 4 (252 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Kristi Thank you for the reply! I tried that but it's not coming up as an executable file. So, it's not letting me add it to the Data Execution Prevention.

Message 3 of 4 (235 Views)

Hero

Hi @amberBABEH

I split your post from the mac thread

You should not do DEP anymore. It's not longer necessary and can actually cause more issues.

Try resetting your user files instead as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (254 Views)