Sims I'm not playing with anymore are doing their own thing even though I turned off the free will

by IanMoone89

Original Post

Sims I'm not playing with anymore are doing their own thing even though I turned off the free will

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had 2 sims that I had been playing with for a while. They got married, had kids, the kids grew and eventually moved out. So now I've been playing with the household of one of my kid sims and discovered that even though I turned the free will off and set the autonomy level to zero, somehow my parent sims have decided to get a divorce! This is NOT what I wanted! How can I keep this from happening again? Is there a patch or something that I'm missing? I was under the impression that turning off free will and setting autonomy to zero would prevent this.

Ian Moone

Message 1 of 5 (240 Views)

Re: Sims I'm not playing with anymore are doing their own thing even though I turned off the free wi

★★★ Guide

Have you saved the game whilst the 'Free Will' Option is off?

Message 2 of 5 (235 Views)

Re: Sims I'm not playing with anymore are doing their own thing even though I turned off the free wi

Hero (Retired)

if your not in control of those sims anymore the game takes over with  story progression, the only sims you control are the ones you play with another example of this is i play with a family for a while then go to edit town to play with another family  even if just for a sim day and switch back to the first family chances are things will have changed within  the family

Message 3 of 5 (231 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yeah I have. It's always the first thing I do is make sure the free will is off any time I start a game and always whenever I'm playing and save. And I've turned off the story progression for my town and it's STILL happening. Is that supposed to be the case? Because I gotta say, I'm pretty unhappy about that lol

Message 4 of 5 (222 Views)

Hero (Retired)

yeah that's what does happen as the game "takes control of the sims we don't control"  with sp on or off , i had to switch households for about five real minutes as i wanted to do something witha particular sim when i switched back to my sims one of them was juiced the other had a car i did not get them and one i think either  sold or gave away a laptop as a gift to another sim

Message 5 of 5 (209 Views)