Sims 3 wont launch

by FTWK420ezmny

Original Post

Sims 3 wont launch

★★ Novice

Every time i go to press play on the launcher screen of my sims 3 game it does nothing. the launcher goes away i getting a little wait signal next to my mouse then absolutely nothing happens. I have been having trouble with this for an hour now. I have an HP with windows 8. The base game was working just fine yesterday but i wasnt able to get the expansions to download or install. EA help center sent me to a site to download something to update my game. so now all the expansions are downloaded. Now i cant play at all not even the base game. Someone please help me. 

Message 1 of 7 (228 Views)

Re: Sims 3 wont launch

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (223 Views)

★★ Novice

this is all i can find on info for my computer

its a HP 15 Notebook PC

Product ID: 00266-70009-96311-AAOEM

Processor: AMD E1-2100 ADU with Radeon(TM) HD graphics 1.00GHZ

RAM: 4.00GB

Sytem Type; 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor

Edition: Windows 8.1 with Bing

Message 3 of 7 (218 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

pastebin.com/2T5DB0qS

Message 4 of 7 (216 Views)

★ Guide
Based off the specs there, your ADU combo may not be able to meet the system requirements for the Sims expansions. Good way to test is to u install/reinstall. But once you have the base game updated, see if you can launch.

If the game launches, try to download the expansions one at a time. Testing to see if you can launch with a new xpac installed.

If you cannot launch with just the base game + updates, please update the thread.
Message 5 of 7 (202 Views)

★★ Novice

how do you update the thread?

Message 6 of 7 (197 Views)

Hero

I think what Randomaccess67 means is to let us know if it's working or not.

Your CPU is below minimum requirements.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (178 Views)