Sims 3 won't update or open

by sunnysun033

Original Post

Highlighted

Sims 3 won't update or open

★★★ Newbie

I just got a new computer, and I was installing all my Sims 3 games onto it (base, late night, outdoor, generations, pets, seasons) and I installed them all in order. After I installed them and updated my base game, I tried to open the launcher to play and this message came up: "Cannot start the launcher when a game update is being installed. Please try again after the install is complete." The launcher also says that it is version 0.0.0.0. This doesn't make sense because when I updated the game, Origin came up, and successfully updated the game. Now it says the install is still going on. I even tried uninstalling all the games and reinstalling multiple times, and the same thing happens. I don't know what to do. I also uninstalled, reinstalled, and updated Origin, still the same thing happens. Help!?!

Message 1 of 5 (1,480 Views)

Re: Sims 3 won't update or open

Community Manager

Hi sunnysun033,

Have you already tried to manually update with the "super patch"?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-42-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,437 Views)

★★★ Newbie

started having same problem after super patch update

Message 3 of 5 (1,353 Views)

Hero

Did you get a message that the update was finished ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,349 Views)

★ Novice

Hey sunny did you solve you solve the problem ?

Message 5 of 5 (751 Views)