Sims 3 won't stop freezing and shutting down

by clue342

Original Post

Sims 3 won't stop freezing and shutting down

★ Novice

I just got the new Origin update a few hours ago and all of a sudden, my game freezes and then it says 'The Sims 3 has stopped working" and closes the game. I tried it again, and it did the same thing, only it closed faster. Now every time I get on the sims, it takes less than 5 minutes for the game to shut down. I tried uninstalling Origin then reinstalling it but it doesn't make a difference. What's going on?

Message 1 of 9 (328 Views)

Re: Sims 3 won't stop freezing and shutting down

★★★ Expert

@clue342 moved this to the Sims 3 forum for you.

Message 2 of 9 (319 Views)

EA Staff

@clue342 I assume you are on a PC (not Mac). If that is correct, could you please post your DxDiag? To post the DxDiag select the 'Choose File' button below the post box and attach your DxDiag text file. 

Also if you use any mods/custom content could you try moving the Mods folder to your desktop and check if the game crashes without these? 

Running a repair in Origin may help as well - right click the Sims 3 game tile in origin and select 'Repair'.

Let us know how it goes! 

Message 3 of 9 (297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I tried repairing it and that didn't work, so how do I find my DxDiag? I'm not super great with computers. Also I use custom content but not mods.

Message 4 of 9 (286 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@clue342 click this link for a how to post dxdiag - post dxdiag

Message 5 of 9 (282 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry it took me a while, but here is my DxDiag.

Message 6 of 9 (256 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same problems too. I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and now TS3 hasnt been working right. here is my dxdiag report. 

Message 7 of 9 (233 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@maybaby97 Your video driver is out of date. The ATI (AMD) 4300/4500 is a weak video card - good for student/media but not so good for gaming. Your HP Pavillion Elite (I think that's what you have) could use a more powerful gaming video card. Try updating the driver and see if that helps.

Message 8 of 9 (214 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@clue342 Do you have any cc/mods installed? Did Origin update or did Origin update the game? There probably has been a video driver update since your driver. Try open Origin - login - click game library - right click the game icon - click repair and see if that helps.

Message 9 of 9 (212 Views)