by Spikasaur

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 won't open from Origin.

★★★ Newbie

Mine worked Yesterday But today Nothing What should i Do?Confusedmileysad:

Message 21 of 30 (2,548 Views)

Hero

Did you change anything ? Does Origin start ? What's your OS ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 30 (2,541 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How did you do that? I downloaded most of my sims 3 games into origin and now it just comes to a almost fitting blue screen with a plumbob on it before it crashes and disappears from the dock.
Message 23 of 30 (2,150 Views)

Hero

Are you on a mac ? If so, please open your own thread, giving as much details as possible

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 30 (2,148 Views)

★★ Novice

ok readers digest version, experiencing same problem. After multiple attempts to correct found a somewhat strange issue, the application files in the install directory were renamed during the installionprocess to *.ex_ changed the two respective applications to *.exe and it ran. 

Sims3Launcher

TS3

Hope this helps you also.

8)

Message 25 of 30 (2,074 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Recently I updated my PC to the next version of Windows. After doing so I hadn't noticed any problems because I had been playing the sims 4. There was however an update to origin recently and not too long afterwards I tried playing the sims 3. Well, like said, origin brought up the launcher but when I pressed play nothing happened. Long story short... i got rid of the updated origin and went back to the older version which worked for a while but eventually I came back to the same problem. To fix this I exited Origin completely then right clicked it from desktop and chose the option RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. From there you just open the launcher and when you select play it should actually work. Not sure if this will work for everyone but it's something to try. Origin has a way of remaining opened even though it doesn't appear in my task bar so I suggest restarting your PC before trying this. 

Message 26 of 30 (1,519 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My is doing the same thing but mine is windows 7 and it never worked for em but it still says i have 2750 hours played and the day i last tryed to launch it.

Message 27 of 30 (1,327 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@jawsGaming1  You are posting in a very old post. Is your computer a pc or mac? Does the launcher work? Does the base game appear in Origin?

Message 28 of 30 (1,322 Views)

★ Novice

I am on a mac as well and have the same problem. Did you ever figure it out?

Message 29 of 30 (1,104 Views)

@colie0499  On a mac, you don't need to launch Sims 3 from Origin, or even have Origin open at all.  Just double-click on the icon in Applications.  If Origin itself is acting up, you can use the reset tool for macs:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If you're getting an unknown error, please list your mac's specs, as described in the following post, as well as any packs you currently have installed, and any you'd like to install going forward.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/475...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 30 of 30 (1,100 Views)