by Spikasaur

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 won't open from Origin.

Hero

Thanks for that solution.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 30 (5,935 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the exact problem. I do not have any anti-virus or something, I opened the Origin as Administrator as well, the game appears in the Task Manager for few seconds and it disappears. Please help!

Message 12 of 30 (5,705 Views)

Hero

What's your operating system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 30 (5,702 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I went to uninstall my Sims because I had the same problem and it said that the content was still running. So I opened my task manager and I saw the Sims 3 launcher was running so I forced it to end and after that it started fine. I hope that helps.

Message 14 of 30 (5,655 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also I just noticed if you minimize your launcher it goes into hidden content so I thought it closed when it didn't.

Message 15 of 30 (5,654 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you have to restart it afterwards?

@maggusx wrote:

I got it to work by running Origin as administrator (Right click Origin icon > Run as admin).  Then ran the game from Origin.

Message 16 of 30 (5,449 Views)

★★ Novice

I just had this problem and tried everything that's been suggested (running as administrator, etc.) I have Vista and found that if none of those solutions work, open task manager and right-click on The Sims 3 Launcher (it still showed up for me so if it isn't for you then this won't work) then click Go To Service(s) and the Launcher should pop up on your screen and you should be able to play.

Message 17 of 30 (5,446 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks so much maggusx!  It's finally working Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 18 of 30 (5,313 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi i'm also having a launch problems, I dont know if theyre the same as everyone else's!

I have tried opening the game from both origin and the game shortcut on my desktop, and the launcher appears fine! my game software appears to be up to date so i dont think that the problem. but when i click on the play button it goes to a black screen, then after a few seconds it goes back to my desktop!

it shows in my task bar that the sims is still running but when i click on it, it does the same: black screen the back to desktop!

i'm running windows 8.1 and have all the games expansions and stuff packs so trying to play Into The Future.

I seem to remember the game running fine before the windows 8.1 update and its my first time playing Into The Future (or trying to at least)

I should probably add that mine is not the download version, I have the disks

Message 19 of 30 (4,858 Views)

Hero

Have you tried all the stuff here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Game-Crashes-CTD/td-p/656/ ?

If those don't help, please make your own thread, posting the following info: 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 30 (4,853 Views)