Sims 3 won't open after launcher

by CoffeAddict

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 won't open after launcher

Hi @Boss_CyAn1d3,

Are you running the game on a PC or a Mac?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 21 of 38 (4,441 Views)

★★ Novice

PC.

W10

i7 - 4790k @4.0

32GB 2133 G.Skill RAM

MSI GTX 970 - Updated to latest drivers.

the problem seems to have started when the Nvidia driver updated, game would launch perfectly fine, but now will not.

Message 22 of 38 (4,434 Views)

@Boss_CyAn1d3,

Latest Nvidia driver is a bit messy, have you tried rolling back to the previous driver? You can learn how to do it here: http://www.nvidia.es/object/driver_rollback.html

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 23 of 38 (4,432 Views)

★★ Novice

"Latest Nvidia driver is a bit messy"

LOL, what else is new?

ill give that a shot, but its not going to help with new titles this year relying on newer drivers, sorry to say.

can we expect a hotfix soon? 

Message 24 of 38 (4,430 Views)

@Boss_CyAn1d3,

Driver 361.75 have some weird bug that allows you to eject the graphic card just like a USB thumb. Don't know abaout a fix to that, but if the problems with The Sims 3 started after the driver update, I think the new driver may the issue Disappointed

Message 25 of 38 (4,428 Views)

★★ Novice

i wont be able to check this out till later today, but ill have to see what the issue is in hardware manager when i go to boot TS3.

i went from testing The Division, to screwing around in BF4 CTE (and THAT is THE most touchiest program when it comes to drivers ive ever used), to Van BF4, to a handful of other games,

TS3 seems to be the only game in my library having an issue with the new driver. 

Message 26 of 38 (4,424 Views)

@Boss_CyAn1d3,

The Sims 3 is a weird game to be honest Large smile Try and let us know if it worked Standard smile

Message 27 of 38 (4,422 Views)

★★ Novice

"The Sims 3 is a weird game to be honest"
you can say that again.... Isla Paradiso... nuff said. 

will keep posted when i get home to the studio. 

Message 28 of 38 (4,419 Views)

★ Novice

What is a driver rollback, I am recently having the same problem..

Message 29 of 38 (4,395 Views)

Hi @Wolfcry839,

A driver rollback is retrieving the latest graphic driver update and using the one which was installed before the update. Please note that it may be not necessary in your case.

Message 30 of 38 (4,387 Views)