Sims 3 won't launch!

by jexisdead

Original Post

Sims 3 won't launch!

★★ Novice

Id ownloaded the Sims 3 and Supernatural on my old windows 8 laptop, and it worked great. Replaced it with a Toshiba Satellite, 2 in 1 with windows 8. So i downloaded origin and downloaded the sims 3 and supernatural but it won't launch. Originic omes up, and then I click play on the sims and it brings up the game launcher, then you hit play and the launcher goes away and nothing happens. Nothing. Why can't I play my game?

Message 1 of 16 (423 Views)

Re: Sims 3 won't launch!

★★ Novice

It says, unable to connect to Origin when the launcher comes up. I tried unistalling everything and re installing it and I tried turning my antivirus off. Nothing worked. Please help!

Message 2 of 16 (405 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I FEEL YOUR PAIN.

Not only did I purchase a download from Origin - when that didn't work I bought a disc from Target. NOTHING HAS WORKED. I've done all of the uninstall, install, restart, ARGH - I get the launcher, the screen turns black, then I'm back to my home screen. I am SO SO FRUSTRATED. I'm working on a PC, Windows 7. PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!!!!!

Message 3 of 16 (402 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@jexisdead   do you have origin downloaded to the computer and or  have you tried give origin admin rights ? right click the origin icon run as admin restart origin

Message 4 of 16 (397 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes, Origins downloaded. And when it wasn't working the first time, I uninstalled it and the game and expansion and re installedit all. I tried to do the admin thing and it made no difference, same thing happens.

Message 5 of 16 (388 Views)

Hero (Retired)

i'll post this in the helpers corner for further assistance  for you  could be tomorrow (sat) before someone has a chance to look )

Message 6 of 16 (380 Views)

Hero (Retired)

wait windows 8 do you have BitDefender on that computer ?

Message 7 of 16 (376 Views)

★★ Novice

No I don't. My anti virus is called webroot, it's whatever Best buy gave me. I tried disabling it though and it makes no difference.

Message 8 of 16 (356 Views)

Hero

Could you also post this info: 

1. Click on Start and then type the following into the search prompt at the bottom: perfmon /rel
  2. Press Enter to proceed.
  3. A window will open and in there you can click on the red circles with a white X.
  4. After clicking the X, the info on the bottom will update. Choose the Sims 3 Critical Event one and right click on it and choose "View Technical Details"
  5. Now on the next window, choose Copy to clipboard at the very bottom and post this into a reply to us here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (353 Views)

★★ Novice

What happens is.. I click on Origin, it loads up, I go to my games ( I only have The Sims 3 and The Sims Supernatural, both are downloaded and I don't know the version, but I bought it February 8th 2013, if that helps) I click The Sims 3 Supernatural ( I have clicked The Sims 3, and it makes no difference the samething happens) I click play, the launcher comes up, a pop up comes up that says Unable to connect to Origin. I click play, The launcher goes away andt hen the blue loading circle comes up for a second, and then nothing. That's it. I looked in my files and no I don't I have any of those corrupt files. I will also post my dxdiag and the other information you asked for in several posts following this one.

Message 10 of 16 (336 Views)