Re: Sims 3 update from 1.0.631 download error?

by MissAssassin93

Original Post

Sims 3 update from 1.0.631 download error?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Okay I just installed The Sims 3 on my late 2011 MacBook Pro and I'm trying to install the ambitions and generations expansion pack. Only problem is I have an update and can't install the other games until the update is made because it makes the launcher so the play button is just gone. But overtime I hit update it just doesn't move and goes directly to download error, disappears and says no patches available at this time. Can someone PLEASE help me?

Message 1 of 8 (2,841 Views)

★★★ Pro

Hi meggagirl1993,

There are some issues that EA are aware of where the Sims 3 Launcher software causes some issues with certain Anti-Virus software.

Please refer to the following article and see if the information contained is of any use to you: https://help.ea.com/article/the-sims-3-launcher-will-not-open-or-load-after-update-patch

Thanks!

Message 2 of 8 (2,836 Views)

★★ Novice

But I dont have a virus protector on my MacBook I JUST got it and have only downloaded games to it. Nothing in virus protection.

Message 3 of 8 (2,834 Views)

★★★ Pro

Hi again meggagirl1993,

Have you tried launching the Sims 3 game directly from the folder instead? If that does not work, then it would seem another full re-installation is likely going to be needed.

To directly launch please follow these steps:

1) Go to My Computer.

2) Look for Sims 3 folder and open it.

3) Open the "Game" folder.

4) Then open the "Bin" folder.

5) Launch the application "TS3.exe".

This should directly launch your Sims 3 game without need for the launcher.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 8 (2,828 Views)

★★ Novice

I cant find the ts3.exe file I cant find. I dont know how to launch it without the game launcher on my mac. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it multiple times. 

Message 5 of 8 (2,826 Views)

★★★ Pro

Hi meggagirl1993,

If you can't find the "TS3.exe" file, then that is why your Play button is greyed out, because that is the actual game file itself. You will need to reinstall to get that file. If you still do not have the file present, then contact EA Help for further advice as beyond that point there are no other viable suggestions I can give.

To talk to a Game Advisor: http://help.ea.com/

Thanks and good luck!

Message 6 of 8 (2,824 Views)

Hero

You can manually download them here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching/Patch_Download_OSX

Make sure the region codes match with your version.

After downloading, double click to install.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 8 (2,820 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Message 8 of 8 (1,858 Views)