Sims 3 stuff pack won't download

by lindzig

Original Post

Sims 3 stuff pack won't download

★ Novice

I purchased the Sims 3 70's, 80's and 90's stuff pack a couple days ago. The first time I tried to download it, it told me the download failed, so I went through and turned safe downloading on, ran Origin as an admin, changed my security settings, etc. etc. Then it stopped giving me the download failed message altogether, and after I hit download the button disappears and.... nothing. When I try to run the Sims 3 it gives me this:

origindownloadinprogress.PNG

I have the option to cancel the download, but it doesn't seem to actually be doing anything whatsoever. I've reinstalled Origin multiple times and gotten nowhere. I've tried opening EA Help cases a few times but gotten no response Disappointed Help, anyone?

Message 1 of 8 (537 Views)

Re: Sims 3 stuff pack won't download

Hero (Retired)

@lindzig Is your computer a pc or mac? Are you running any anti adware  or any third party virus programs?

Message 2 of 8 (523 Views)

★ Novice

PC, and nope.

Message 3 of 8 (515 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@lindzig  Does the game launcher work?

Message 4 of 8 (506 Views)

★ Novice

@roberta591 It does. No sign of the stuff pack in the launcher, though.

Message 5 of 8 (484 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@lindzig  Did the pack download to the download tab of the launcher? Did you install the pack from the download tab of the launcher?

add: have you tried to download any packs before? If you interrupted the download most of the times it will start again all by itself. Try open Origin - right click the game icon - click repair

Message 6 of 8 (477 Views)

★ Novice

@roberta591 It exists nowhere within the Sims 3 launcher. I've installed a couple other packs with Origin before and never had any trouble. Tried repairing, but nothing happens, it just says the repair is in the queue forever. Also, when I try and update other games it tells me the download failed again, despite messing with all my settings.

Message 7 of 8 (435 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@lindzig  Is Origin set to the off line mode? Are you running multiple monitors? Try this - link - clear Origin cache

Message 8 of 8 (426 Views)