Re: Sims 3 store content will not install

by khynnea

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 store content will not install

★★★ Newbie

I did the last Sims 3 update August 30 and ever since then none of my store content will install. The update deleted all of my store stuff and now I can't reinstall it either. It downloads just fine, but when I try to install it from the launcher or while the game is in play it says it is installed but none of it shows up in the game and when I turn the game off it all disappears again. How do I solve this?

Message 1 of 59 (117,715 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Try the following:

• Close your game and launcher
  • Go to documents\electronicarts\thesims3 and move the folder DCCache to your desktop (this is ALL your custom content, so if you have 3rd party content as well, you might wanna just move the *.ebc files as well as the missingdeps.idx)
  • If you have any worlds installed go to the installedWorlds folder and delete all Store worlds from there.
  • Go to the DCBackup folder and delete everything in there. You don't really need the stuff in here except for the ccmerged file but since you're reinstalling everything, it will be recreated.
  • Open the launcher and start reinstalling all store stuff in groups. Don't install all in one go. Start with the worlds, then lots, then sets and single items last.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 59 (127,918 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try the following:

• Close your game and launcher
  • Go to documents\electronicarts\thesims3 and move the folder DCCache to your desktop (this is ALL your custom content, so if you have 3rd party content as well, you might wanna just move the *.ebc files as well as the missingdeps.idx)
  • If you have any worlds installed go to the installedWorlds folder and delete all Store worlds from there.
  • Go to the DCBackup folder and delete everything in there. You don't really need the stuff in here except for the ccmerged file but since you're reinstalling everything, it will be recreated.
  • Open the launcher and start reinstalling all store stuff in groups. Don't install all in one go. Start with the worlds, then lots, then sets and single items last.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 59 (127,919 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a very similar problem, I followed your suggestions crinrict, however it does not seem to have solved anything. Do you (or anyone else) have any other ideas on what to do here?

Message 3 of 59 (117,383 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I think it's best if you open your own thread, describing your problem in as much details as possible.

Other than reinstalling the store stuff, I don't have any suggestions but you say your issue is similar ? So maybe there's something different about it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 59 (117,377 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you !! I have been playing to long without my cc ! I might love you : ) 

Message 5 of 59 (117,356 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am trying your suggestion now so fingers crossed! Do you have any idea why this is happening (why it says it was a successful installation but doesn't actually work?)

Is it because of new patches? Because my content worked a couple of weeks ago then all of a sudden when I went to open a save in Sunlit Tides, there was an error message and then after that none of my CC from the Sims 3 Store would appear in my game.

Message 6 of 59 (116,837 Views)

Hero

The files in DCCache sometimes get corrupted and after that nothing gets really installed although it says it does.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 59 (116,819 Views)

★ Novice

Awesome!!!! Thank you so much for the help. I tried so many other things before this and this is the only thing that has worked. Many thanks.

Message 8 of 59 (115,281 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
I had this problem on a fresh install, but I have a *lot* of content. I installed in chunks, but I likely still tried to install too much at once. The CAS content went fine, but the worlds and build/buy content failed. So I am following the advice here, later when I wake up -- but I was wondering if I would benefit at all by taking the smaller chunks of content (the one off items) and bundling them into larger packages, before trying to install them. I of course have no idea how to do this but would be happy to learn if it meant being able to use my content. I stopped playing a few months ago when I lost all my content and gave up trying to get it into the game; but am trying to make a go of it again. I didn't install until Supernatural/Seasons came out on a new computer (so no playing from April til then) and when I tried, the store worlds just wouldn't "stick." So I'll give this a try, but I really do want to be able to play with all the content in there. I did after all buy it for that reason. :/ Thanks.
Message 9 of 59 (115,189 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, crinrict. I am having a very similar problem but when I do what you said, it's still the same thing. I bought Monte Vista and when I download it, it says "There has been an error downloading content. See the log for more details."

The log doesn't tell me anything. If you have any sites that could help me, please link them. Because I really want to play in Monte Vista.

P.S. my game is up to date and everything.

Message 10 of 59 (114,811 Views)