Re: Sims 3 second screen won't load past 99%

by caspinwall

Original Post

Sims 3 second screen won't load past 99%

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I think my game is corrupt but I don't know what the cause is and how to fix it. I don't know whether it's bad cc or some other factor. But basically, every time I tried to load up one of my families or tried to start a new game, it will always load to 99% then stop. I have tried running my game without custom content, have used programs to see if it was my cc that was corrupt and nothing was coming up so I'm assuming its not my cc. What else could it be, if so, how to I fix it so I can play again. I'm a mac user if that helps and my expansion packs are Late Night, Generetions, World Adventures, Ambitions, and University Life. My game is also fully updated. 

Message 1 of 6 (11,705 Views)

Hero

Try the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

For more suggestions I will forward this to our mac helper

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (11,692 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I would definitely try with a freshly generated TS3 folder as Crin suggests. Follow the directions under "primary things to try first" in the first post of BluebellFlora's Mac help thread: 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Links-to-Mac-help-threads-and-guides/m-p/749664#U749664

This will allow you to check whether CC or any other corrupt data in your current folder is causing problems. If you can play with the newly generated folder then we know something in the old set-up was causing trouble. If you still can't play with the new folder then a complete reinstall may be necessary.

Give it a go and see what happens. Be sure to just leave the old folder on your desktop, don't delete it, so you can get back your files easily later.

Caspin

Message 3 of 6 (11,688 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thanks, it worked to a point. Once the sims 3 folder regenerates, I can put my saves backin without the game having any issues. However, once I copy and paste my mods or redownload my cc the problem happens again. The second time I regenerated the sims 3 folder, I only put my mods back, only a few, however I still kept having the same issue. Any help? 

Message 4 of 6 (11,667 Views)

Hero (Retired)

have you checked to see if the mods have been updated and or they are at the same patch level as yours for eample if your mod you got was at 1.55 when you got it and the game was 1.55 but the game is now 1.63 the mods whould have been updated to that patch level

Message 5 of 6 (11,664 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have a similar problem. I launch the game and I play the finding game thing on the loading screen then it freezes completely at 99% and I can't close the game. I have no cc I have 2 expansion packs running Pets and High-end loft stuff and it stays like that till the game cannot run anymore (message pops up and says "Sims 3 Game has Stopped Working") I am on fully updated windows 10 HP computer and my sims 3 game has never been updated because it doesn't need to be updated.

Message 6 of 6 (6,954 Views)