Sims 3 "No Disc Found" Mac OS El Captain

by Eemerson94

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 "No Disc Found" Mac OS El Captain

★★★ Newbie

I only get to pay my sims games in the summer so I had never had a problem playing the game before my system update to el captain and now post-update the game refuses to notice the disc in the drive. I had Sims 3 and Supernatural (same in a bundle) discs, and the Seasons disc. I uninstalled Seasons and tried supernatural, no luck. I deleted the "DCCACHE" and "Downloads" folders and no luck. I've restarted my computer countless times and nothing has worked. I know EA claims to be working on a patch but who knows when this issue will be resolved. Has anyone using the Mac El Captain update found a way to make their sims 3 work? My discs are in perfect condition and my disc drive has no issues. 

Message 1 of 3 (636 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 "No Disc Found" Mac OS El Captain

@Eemerson94

This is very easily solved by downloading and installing the game digitally through Origin. Please see this stickied thread for further help and instructions - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/m-p...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (717 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@Eemerson94

Moved to the Mac forums

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 2 of 3 (628 Views)

@Eemerson94

This is very easily solved by downloading and installing the game digitally through Origin. Please see this stickied thread for further help and instructions - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/m-p...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (718 Views)