Sims 3 problem??

by silliestduck

Original Post

Sims 3 problem??

★ Apprentice
I got a new laptop, it has more than enough specs to hold my game but it won't load my game. I downloaded everything and it was working perfectly and then I downloaded a shirt and put it in the wrong folder which screwed up my game. I didn't realize this at the time so I did the backup thing where I renamed the sims 3 folder and then ran my game. I redownloaded all of my old cc (I know this isn't the problem because my game worked before) and then went into game which was fast and worked perfectly fine. I created a family, put them in a home (in isla paradiso) and then saved the game. This morning I went to play the game but I got the black screen of death. I don't know what to do, it was working perfectly fine before I saved the game so I don't know what's wrong
Message 1 of 18 (379 Views)

Re: Sims 3 problem??

★ Apprentice
I should say that I could play my game for a couple weeks before this happened
Message 2 of 18 (376 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@silliestduck  Is your computer a pc or mac? Did you try the factory reset - and if so does the game work after the factory reset?

Message 3 of 18 (348 Views)

★ Apprentice
It's an asus pc. If resetting it to factory settings means renaming the sims 3 file and then opening the game then yes I did that (multiple times) and yes it works for a while. After I reset it, I then move the full screen functions (ex. 1234 x 456) so the game fits my screen and I adjust the game options (like the mirror and water clarity) and I quit the game and boot the game up. When it works I redownload all of my cc and it works. I get into game, make my family and save. And then when I try to play, it doesn't work.
Message 4 of 18 (343 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@silliestduck  What is the resolution in the games options.ini file?

Message 5 of 18 (340 Views)

★ Apprentice
For the factory reset or for the game that doesn't work?
Message 6 of 18 (333 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@silliestduck Look in the options.ini file in the user files in the documents folder. Are you using any screen grabbing software? What is the native resolution of the ASUS? Even better also post your computer's dxdiag - link - how to post dxdiag  First guess is there is an issue with the resolution.

Message 7 of 18 (323 Views)

★ Apprentice

my resolution in the options.ini file is 1366 768 0

Message 8 of 18 (312 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@silliestduck Do you have the Windows 10 creators update (recent big Windows update)?

Message 9 of 18 (306 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't have Windows 10 on my computer.

Message 10 of 18 (301 Views)