Re: Sims 3 problem??

by silliestduck

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

@silliestduck Is your computer a pc or mac? What is the operating system?

Message 11 of 18 (257 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's a pc. How do I check that?

Message 12 of 18 (251 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@silliestduck  What version of Windows does your computer have?

Message 13 of 18 (243 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't know how to check that. It says that it's up to date, all I need is the windows 10 update

Message 14 of 18 (236 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@silliestduck  The recent Windows 10 creators update is being pushed out to certain users over time and you will get it automatically eventually. It is a BIG download. If you want it now you click the windows icon in the lower left - click settings - click Update and Security - click Windows update - click advanced. There should be an option to get the creators update. The windows 10 creators update installs a game mode option. It seems some Sims 3 don't like this. Try turning it off and see if the game starts.

Message 15 of 18 (227 Views)

★ Apprentice

The options that my computer has are "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update windows" and "Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update." The first option is turned on but the second one is not.

Message 16 of 18 (218 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@silliestduck If your not getting the Windows creator's update, you can force the update. Click the windows icon in the lower left - click setting (cog) - click update and security - click windows update - click advanced options. Have some time - it is a time consuming update. Like a Service Pack, only Microsoft doesn't have Service Packs anymore.

Message 17 of 18 (198 Views)

★ Apprentice

Do I need the update?

Message 18 of 18 (180 Views)