Sims 3 packages keep uninstalling in the launcher when dccache files are deleted

by Uselezlezbean

Original Post

Sims 3 packages keep uninstalling in the launcher when dccache files are deleted

★★ Novice
So my game has a lot of CC, none of which I'm willing to delete right now, so I've begun to delete my Dccache files before starting the game. The problem is that every time I do this, all of my CC uninstalls itself from the launcher and it takes me anywhere from 2-3 hours to reinstall it all! Is there any way for me to either delete these files without uninstalling everything in my dashboard or some way to improve my game's loading time without removing any custom content?
Thank You!
Message 1 of 2 (525 Views)

Re: Sims 3 packages keep uninstalling in the launcher when dccache files are del

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Your DCCache files are where your CC is installed. Deleting those uninstalls your CC. Do not delete the DCCache files. You can delete the DCBackup file (all except ccmerged.package) to free up space.

To speed the game a bit...you can try converting your sims3packs to packages files and then make combined packages. (http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/tutorial-combine-package-files-to-reduce-lag.html)

This method does NOT work for patterns, lots, households, or store content!

Message 2 of 2 (513 Views)