Sims 3 on Macbook

by oliviajack78

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 on Macbook

★ Novice

I have Sims 3 and several expansion packs, which I can no longer play on my PC, due to its dying(RIP). I just bought my Macbook Air in August of 2014, are these games compatible with my computer? And if so is there a way to install them WITHOUT using Origin?

Message 1 of 2 (168 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 on Macbook

[ Edited ]

@oliviajack78

Whilst MacBook Airs are great they're really not designed for gaming as they aren't particularly powerful graphics and processor wise. These are the two most important components for gaming on any computer. There is also the added problem that TS3 was never natively written for OS X, the Windows version was 'wrapped' using software called Cider which tricks the game into thinking it's running on a PC. This contributes to memory and overall performance issues. There is a stickied Mac help thread on the first page of this forum with a ton of advice and links, you should read it to get a better idea of playing TS3 on a Mac.

Having said that, many people do manage to play TS3 on their MacBook Airs. Bear in mind also that Pets and Seasons are the most taxing EPs.

If you don't want to install the game digitally you will have to get a Superdrive to plug into your Mac.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (165 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 3 on Macbook

[ Edited ]

@oliviajack78

Whilst MacBook Airs are great they're really not designed for gaming as they aren't particularly powerful graphics and processor wise. These are the two most important components for gaming on any computer. There is also the added problem that TS3 was never natively written for OS X, the Windows version was 'wrapped' using software called Cider which tricks the game into thinking it's running on a PC. This contributes to memory and overall performance issues. There is a stickied Mac help thread on the first page of this forum with a ton of advice and links, you should read it to get a better idea of playing TS3 on a Mac.

Having said that, many people do manage to play TS3 on their MacBook Airs. Bear in mind also that Pets and Seasons are the most taxing EPs.

If you don't want to install the game digitally you will have to get a Superdrive to plug into your Mac.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (166 Views)