Re: Sims 3 now has a black screen after trying to record it

by p9009

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 now has a black screen after trying to record it

★★ Novice
Hi, recently I was trying to record the sims 3 with bandicam, but when I go to record the game the screen turns black. I never had a problem like that with the game before and now whenever I launch the game the screen is black but I can move the cursor on the screen and I still hear the music. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it didn't work. Is there any other way this problem can be fixed? Thanks
Message 1 of 10 (577 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice
Hey everyone, I found the solution to my problem. In the game library on the origin launcher right click the sims 3 game and there should be a repair option, but before you click it make sure to move your player(s) data, worlds, and custom content to another folder if you still want to use them. Now go back to the launcher and click repair and you should be good to go!

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (459 Views)

All Replies

EA app Team

Hi @p9009,

Maybe there's some kind of compatibility issue between the game and that recording program you installed. Have you tried to uninstall Bandicam to check if the game works again?

-Mai

Message 2 of 10 (557 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried that and it didn't work, and my game's screen is like that even when I'm not trying to record it.

Message 3 of 10 (552 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @p9009,

Could you try to reset the game settings? To do so, you would need to open Documents \ Electronic Arts \ The Sims 3 and move to your desktop the file 'Options.ini'.

Try to open the game again now, any changes? If not, you can move the file back to Documents \ Electronic Arts \ The Sims 3.

Good luck,

Mai

Message 4 of 10 (548 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
It worked but now it says there is an unrecognized video card or it can't find the video card and now when I try to record the game it's still turns the game screen black like it did before.
Message 5 of 10 (532 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @p9009,

It seems the recording program is not compatible with the game Frown

Regarding the graphics card not being recognized by the game, it shouldn't be a problem if your computer meets the minimum requirements. The game has a list of graphics cards that allows it to automatically choose the default settings depending on the graphics card in the computer. There are some new graphics cards the game doesn't know about, and if you have one of those cards, that's why you are getting that message. Try to play with high settings, and lower them if you notice any performance issues.

Let us know if you have any questions Standard smile

-Mai

Message 6 of 10 (522 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the tip, I just downloaded fraps but the game has the black screen still but I don't hear the sounds or see my cursor when I launch it.

Message 7 of 10 (481 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @p9009,

Did you reinstall Bandicam, even if it's closed when you play?

I would try to do this:

1. Delete Options.ini file again.
  2. Perform a clean boot of your PC: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows
  3. Try to play the game

Does it work with the clean boot?

-Mai

Message 8 of 10 (474 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks for the tip. I did that but all of my sims saves are gone, it still says the game card is incompatible with the game, all of the sims worlds I downloaded are gone, and I'm having problems installing custom content.
Message 9 of 10 (458 Views)

★★ Novice
Hey everyone, I found the solution to my problem. In the game library on the origin launcher right click the sims 3 game and there should be a repair option, but before you click it make sure to move your player(s) data, worlds, and custom content to another folder if you still want to use them. Now go back to the launcher and click repair and you should be good to go!
Message 10 of 10 (460 Views)