Sims 3 not working tried everything

by purpledeermaiden

Original Post

Sims 3 not working tried everything

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
I have owned sims 3 along with my dlc (seasons,pets,supernatural since 2015. Yesterday I got ambitions and island Paradise from steam. They downloaded fine and the laucher loaded find went to go play and it came up with unable to load graphics card. I checked my graphics card in device manager its up to date. Also tried doing a dxdiag also no issues. I tried reinstalling through steam still not working so. I proceeded to delete every sims file on my laptop through cc cleaner and reinstall through the Origin app, still not working. So I uninstalled both through cc cleaner on steam and origin and got a refund for those two games. I had unchecked the two dlc from loading on steam list of my sims games. I redownloaded through steam and now not even the launcher loads. I did a system restore to time before I had downloaded the new dlc. Still not working, keep in mind ive had the game since 2015 no prior problems so its not my antiviruses avg & microsoft security essentials. All my drivers are up to date as well I have a 64 bit windows 7 laptop. I also had tried to open the launcher through my program files of the game same errors.
Message 1 of 3 (296 Views)

Re: Sims 3 not working tried everything

Hero (Retired)

@purpledeermaiden  Please post your computer's dxdiag if it is a pc - link - how to post dxdiag   Thank you

Message 2 of 3 (288 Views)

Re: Sims 3 not working tried everything

★ Apprentice

As you didn't post your specs, I would assume your graphics card went bad. Or you CPU got overloaded and slowed down. Can you run any other games? If so, which ones?

Message 3 of 3 (258 Views)