Re: Sims 3 mini freezing

by roberta591

Original Post

Sims 3 mini freezing

★★ Apprentice

Hello

I have an issue regarding my sims 3 game.

when i am playing i get like mini freezes

It freezes for like one second but it still gets annoying.

I get 50-200 fps but my game still freezes a little but i dont loose any fps..

My computer is pretty powerful so it should run smoothly though..

Anything i am doing wrong that may be causing this freezing ?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 9 (527 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@night0ceans Do you have a dual monitor setup? please post your computer's dxdiag. thank you

Message 2 of 9 (506 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes i have two monitors but the second one is usually off when i dont use it.

I included the dxdiag in this post.

Message 3 of 9 (499 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@night0ceans It does not matter whether you are using the second monitor is in use. Is the second monitor still plugged into the video card? The biggest problem is the ssd 128Gb system drive. You can not run the Windows operating system on a 128Gb system drive. Windows bloats and it may run ok at first but eventually it will run out of temporary storage - I DON"T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS!!! I have done repair after repair with clients that want to run Windows on a CHEAP ssd. I'm a consultant and I would refuse to sell you that system. Lets do some simple math - you have 8159Mb shared video memory and 14337 in a page file. That's about 24.5Gb left for the rest of the operating system and programs to use as temporary storage. Some of this storage has to be contiguous and not fragmented. Windows resources are finite and Windows does not get happy when it senses resources getting low. It is beyond the scope of this forum to teach how the Windows operating system works. Why do you run the operating system from a ssd? So your system boots a little faster? I use that time to top off my beer. If your not going to run ALL your software from a ssd then the boost in performance is marginal. You can get almost the same performance by running 2 1Tb WD black label drives in a raid and you get 2 Tb of storage.

Message 4 of 9 (488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

But this is a new pc i just got about 1 or two months ago =/

Plugging the monitor in the video card ? what do you mean ? 

I'm confused.. i'm not very good with computers so what should I do to fix this ?

I have a 117 GB Hard drive and a 2TB hard drive c:

And my other games seem to work perfectly fine...

Not sure what to do... :c

Message 5 of 9 (487 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@night0ceans How are the dual monitors connected to the computer? Usually the monitors are plugged into the video card. First thing I would do is call who ever you bought that computer from. Or better yet call HP and ask them why they sold a novice a computer user a computer configured like that with no more information then where the power button is. The first thing you have to do is get rid of the 128Gb ssd. You can probably re use the present Windows 10 code as you are not replacing the motherboard (there should be a certificate with the code on it somewhere on the computer) and get a 1Tb black label 7200rpm drive ($69.99 usd Amazon) and replace the ssd. The computer is not that old so there should be little saving old data. You should be able to download the Windows 10 image from Microsoft. I could teach you how to use the 128Gb ssd but that is beyond the scope of these forums. If you can't run all your software applications from the ssd you are not getting the full benefit of the ssd and if you have to continually off load software from the ssd you have defeated the purpose of the ssd. Again the gain is about the time it takes to top off my beer which I can live with.If this is a problem for you then I suggest you find a local computer guru and have his (hers) number on speed dial.

Message 6 of 9 (467 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@night0ceans Another thing I notice is that your video drivers are NOT WHQL. And the GTX 960 is NOT in the Sims 3 game data base. The .sgr files need to be edited so the game can id and setup properly. Google it there are several how tos online. How do I know this because I also have a GTX 960 in my gaming coomputer.

Message 7 of 9 (456 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@roberta591I was able to add my GTX 960 to the GraphicsCard.sgr but I cant seem to get it to recognize it .. it says Found 1, Matched 0.

Message 8 of 9 (446 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@night0ceans You also have to add the card to the GrphicsRules.sgr file. It's a little more complicated as your punctuation and capitalization have to match or it won't work.

Message 9 of 9 (420 Views)