Re: Sims 3 launcher won't connect to internet?

by graceymanors

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 launcher won't connect to internet?

★★★ Guide

For some strange reason, I wasn't able to install items today via exchange, and then I noticed the launcher home page was blank and I can't login.

For some reason the launcher is trying to use "edge" to open up and I have a feeling that's the issue.How do I fix this? I tried calling ea but they are not very helpful.

Message 1 of 10 (4,568 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@graceymanors Well it's kind of the issue but you can't change it. What you need to do is open Edge (it doesn't bite), click the 3 horizontal bars in the upper right - click clear all history - click clear. The game uses the windows browser to communicate so don't clear the browser you use - clear the Windows browser.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (4,985 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@graceymanors Well it's kind of the issue but you can't change it. What you need to do is open Edge (it doesn't bite), click the 3 horizontal bars in the upper right - click clear all history - click clear. The game uses the windows browser to communicate so don't clear the browser you use - clear the Windows browser.

Message 2 of 10 (4,986 Views)

★★★ Guide

Unfortunately, that didn't work.But thanks!

I even reinstalled my games.And nothing.

Message 3 of 10 (4,545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@roberta591 Had the same issue as the OP, but your suggestion helped, thank you so much!!!! It's finally connecting again.

Message 4 of 10 (4,483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I'm having this issue again.And again clearing cache doesn't work.

Message 5 of 10 (4,441 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi I too have the same problem.  I had a tecie help me to get the welcome page up  and log me in but still was not able to access the exchange/deal of the day etc.  reading this notice I followed the above advice to clear the history from my Edge web browser and now I'm back to square one. no welcome page and no login.  I got here by the browser searching for the sims3

Message 6 of 10 (4,428 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

December 2017 I returned my PC back to windows 8.1

Message 7 of 10 (4,110 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@BillFlowerpot I have no idea why you returned to Windows 8.1. You need to clear the history (the cookies to be exact) in Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10. You easily find IE11 by using the search bar in the lower left of the desktop. The game uses Internet Explorer APIs to communicate. Should the web site be restarted the stored cookie in IE becomes invalid. The cookie will expire eventually and a new cookie will be created at that time and the site will work again. The reason you reset IE11 in Windows 10 is many programs still use those APIs. Clearing the browsing history or just resetting IE11 (or previous versions) should work because the game is looking for IE and not Edge.

Message 8 of 10 (4,087 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

You say that you have no idea why I returned to Windows 8.1.. When I purchased the computer it had Windows 8.1 installed, and as I made the purchase quite close to the launch date of Windows 10, I was advised by the sales personnel to keep an eye open for the opportunity to have Windows 10 installed free of charge, this I did.  While I had Window 8.1 installed I was able to play The Sims3 without any problems whatsoever.  Even so some of my games that play on XP don't work, maybe this is more to do with changed in graphics cards I don't know.  When I first down loaded Windows 10,  I had no problem with The Sims3 but the number of playable games was much reduced, still I put that down to progress, however,  with each Windows 10 update new problems arrived, and with the aid of technical advisers they where resolved. Early December 2017 I was playing The Sims3 the afternoon before a Windows 10 update, after that I was able to get as far as selecting a saved game or new game.  Upon doing so I got fatal error messages, and windows closed Origin, and The Sims3 launcher.  It made no difference whether I tried to open a saved game or a new game.  I HAD, HAD ENOUGH.  I had to take my computer into the store from where I bought it to have the HDD reformatted and  Window 8.1 installed.  I have had no problems with The Sims3 since (Apart for the short while that Origin was doing maintenance work).  

Message 9 of 10 (4,078 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi, 2021 here! If someone stumbles upon the same problem: clearing cookies and stuff DOES work, however rather by doing that through Edge, Internet Explorer and all other possible browsers and programs, I recommend using CCleaner (it's not a promotion, it's just that good :P ) to clean your computer thoroughly. Worked for me like a charm where cleaning Edge itself didn't

Message 10 of 10 (1,607 Views)