[MAC] Sims 3 installed content crash HELP!!!

by newfam01

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MAC] Sims 3 installed content crash HELP!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

So in my game when i click "installed content" on the luancher the luancher crashes ans says things like "theres a bug do you wish to debug it?" so i click debug and nothing happens Frown i dont know how to fix this and i really want to know since i have bad CC and i really want the bad CC gone!

Also when i first open the luancher it says thers a patch for the sims 3 store i always click later because i dont want to patch it just yet but do i patch it will thats fix it????? Anyways thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 8 (387 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [MAC] Sims 3 installed content crash HELP!!!

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you i think i'll just do that :D

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (363 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims 3 installed content crash HELP!!!

Hero

What's your operating system ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (382 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

does that mean like pc or mac???? Um If so a macbook pro

Message 3 of 8 (377 Views)

Hero

That's what I meant.

Forwarding to our mac helper. Please be patient for an answer

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (374 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@newfam01 wrote:

So in my game when i click "installed content" on the luancher the luancher crashes ans says things like "theres a bug do you wish to debug it?" so i click debug and nothing happens Frown i dont know how to fix this and i really want to know since i have bad CC and i really want the bad CC gone!

Also when i first open the luancher it says thers a patch for the sims 3 store i always click later because i dont want to patch it just yet but do i patch it will thats fix it????? Anyways thanks Standard smile

Hi

It sounds as though you might have three problems:

1. Crashing launcher/debug error.

2. Your game may not be patched fully.

3. You mention you may have bad CC.

First go to this website and scroll down to the section entitled "primary things to try first...." and follow the instructions there. That will re-set your game folder without you needing to uninstall the game and doing so will get rid of CC: http://bluebellflora.com/how-to-play-the-sims-3-on-a-mac/

Test opening your game with your fresh folder. If it seems OK then see below for further information on patching and purging RAM (which may help with the crashing).

Manual superpatch

Many simmers find that patching their game via the Game Updates tab of the Launcher does not work properly. It is then better to download and apply the manual superpatch. It is important to download the Mac version rather than the PC version, and to pick the right one for your region. Be aware that if you are using a disc you need to choose the correct 'regional' file but if you are using digital download through Origin then you should use the file designated 'region 7'.

Instructions and the links to the downloads can be found in the Mac section of the forums at thesims.com here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/549552/official-ea-download-links-for-the-sims-3-cumulati...

If you use any mods or custom content, be sure to remove them before patching.

Tips for Mac simmers

Unfortunately a lot of TS3 players encounter problems when playing the game on their Mac. These can include crashing and freezing. A lot of these issues can be avoided or at least improved by the following measures.

Firstly, manually reset your RAM while playing. See BluebellFlora's guide on how to do this: http://bluebellflora.com/the-sims-3-on-a-mac/resetting-ram-during-gameplay/

I restart my computer before I play TS3. Close down other things that are running in the background. The memory used as seen in Activity Monitor is at about 3GB after the restart. If I open the Launcher it goes up to around 11 GB (that's all I've done - just opened the Launcher!). At this point I reset the RAM. Then I hit play and get through the opening sequence. I then press cmd-return to put the game in windowed mode from time to time while playing (and always before saving or using CAS). That way I can keep an eye on the memory and reset RAM if necessary. Being in windowed mode also allows you to close the game using force quit if it freezes up - it's better to crash the game than your whole computer.

Second tip is to save frequently. I save at least once per sim day. Use the option to Save or Save As, rather than the combined Save and Quit.

Make sure you are patched up to date. The 1.63 patch included fixes for Mac simmers that did actually improve the stability of the game on our operating systems, so it is well worth updating to at least that level. The current patch is 1.67.

The game runs better if you switch off the memories system and disable the in-game Store and social features.

For general advice, information and tips on how to play TS3 on a Mac, read BluebellFlora's guide here: http://bluebellflora.com/how-to-play-the-sims-3-on-a-mac/

Message 5 of 8 (371 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, Thank you! I did everything "primary things to try first..." said but i found the everything was gone. At first i didnt realise it would get rid of all my mods, cc and saves so i went back to my old one (the one with all the saves and mods and cc) and i went to see if anything in my installed content had changed nothing had. But there is this pop-up that says "exception rasied" and it only pops up when i scroll past some bad cc e.g: Top nkd.this is really annoying  so if there is a way to get rid of installed content without going to the luancher please tell me Standard smile 

sorry if this is wasting your time i just really dont understand why it wont let me get rid of the bad cc.

Message 6 of 8 (363 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@newfam01 wrote:

Hi, Thank you! I did everything "primary things to try first..." said but i found the everything was gone. At first i didnt realise it would get rid of all my mods, cc and saves so i went back to my old one (the one with all the saves and mods and cc) and i went to see if anything in my installed content had changed nothing had. But there is this pop-up that says "exception rasied" and it only pops up when i scroll past some bad cc e.g: Top nkd.this is really annoying  so if there is a way to get rid of installed content without going to the luancher please tell me Standard smile 

sorry if this is wasting your time i just really dont understand why it wont let me get rid of the bad cc.

Hi

Moving the folder (and letting the game generate a new one) immediately gets rid of your CC, mods etc. That's why I suggested it - to get rid of the CC. You can then copy some items back from the old folder - such as any Store items or CC that you are absolutely sure are safe, to reinstall those, plus you can copy across your saved games etc. I think this is the best way to do it, but it will take some time. 

Caspin

Message 7 of 8 (361 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you i think i'll just do that :D

Message 8 of 8 (364 Views)