Re: Sims 3 hidden springs

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 3 hidden springs

★ Novice

My hidden springs game says its installed but it isnt. What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 2 (198 Views)

Re: Sims 3 hidden springs

Hero

So when you start the game, Hidden Springs is not a world you can choose from the menu ?

Worlds sometimes don't insall correctly especially if you have lots of Store content. Only solution to date is to reinstall all your Store content.

1. Backup all your user files in document\electronicarts\thesims3 to an external drive
  2. Go to document\electronicarts\thesims3\DCCache and move all files *.ebc to your desktop
  3. Delete document\electronicarts\thesims3\DCCache\missingdeps.idx
  4. Delete all files in document\electronicarts\thesims3\DCBackup. The only file that is needed in that folder is ccmerged.package but since we're reinstalling all Store content, that will be recreated so don't worry about it
  5. Go to document\electronicarts\thesims3\InstalledWorlds and delete any files that belong to Store worlds.
  6. All your Store Content will be uninstalled now. Don't start any games just yet or all Store stuff will be replaced with proxys.
  7. If you still have all your Store Content in the downloads folder you can now start reinstalling. Start with the worlds, then lots, then sets and single items last. Make sure you don't install everything in one go. The ebc files in document\electronicarts\thesims3\DCCache should be about 200-500 MB in size, depending on your computer.
  8. Start the game and check if Hidden Springs is installed right after you've installed it. Only continue to install the rest if it's there.
  9. If you are missing Store content to install, you can re-download from your purchse history.

-------

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (167 Views)