Re: Sims 3 game won't start after launcher??

by toya2nice

Original Post

Sims 3 game won't start after launcher??

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My game wont start. I can open the launcher, everything before that works perfectly fine, but once I press play in the launcher, it goes away, the cursor turns into the blue loading circle, then origin just pops up. I've realized that pressing play causes Origin to open, but why is that? When you press play shouldn't the game start? It seems like the play button might be connected to Origin and not the actual game. I don't know - I just want to play my game. This has been happening since last night. I have uninstalled and re-installed all my games but still no luck. Please help!

Message 1 of 16 (999 Views)

Hero

That is indeed a bit weird.

What game version are you at ? What happens if you press play on Origin ? Does the launcher open again ? Do you have Origin running in the background when you press play on the launcher ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (982 Views)

★★ Novice

this happened to me too!! I can't get sims 3 to play, origin pops up every time!

Message 3 of 16 (976 Views)

★★ Novice

When I press play on Origin, the launcher opens. Then I press play on the launcher and it opens Origin again. I do have Origin running in the background when I press play, but even bypassing the launcher opens Origin. I'm at game version 1.69.36.024017

Message 4 of 16 (972 Views)

Help! When I try to play sims 3 from the launcher, origin pops up!

★★ Novice

When I try to play sims 3 from the launcher, I press play and it pulls up Origin. No matter if I open the launcher from Origin or Desktop, it always goes to Origin when I press play. I am really frustrated, it started after the latest Origin update.

Message 5 of 16 (939 Views)

Hero

Can you try right clicking on the game in Origin and then hit repair game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (936 Views)

Re: Help! When I try to play sims 3 from the launcher, origin pops up!

[ Edited ]
Hero

Try right clicking on the game in Origin and choose repair game.

If that doesn't help, try manually reinstalling Origin: https://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (928 Views)

★★ Novice

Sadly, repairing the game didn't work. Frown

Message 8 of 16 (931 Views)

Re: Help! When I try to play sims 3 from the launcher, origin pops up!

★★ Novice

Neither of these worked. Thanks though.

Message 9 of 16 (920 Views)

★★ Novice

Yup, it didn't work.

Message 10 of 16 (922 Views)