Sims 3 game play and installation

by cheekykim17

Original Post

Sims 3 game play and installation

★★★ Newbie
Hi, I just bought the Sims 3 and Sims 3 generation expansions pack. It is the first time I am buying the Sims 3 games. I have looked on numerous websites and they have stated that in order to play the Sims 3 games I will need to have installed the other expansion pack in release order. Is this true? So what I am trying to ask is that could I still play with the games that I have now and there will be no problem? Also in the select location there were only 3 options, choose a product, select all and Battlefield 4 Deutsch. I had to choose the Battlefield because It will not allow me to continue on with the other options. Thank you very much.
Message 1 of 3 (85 Views)

Re: Sims 3 game play and installation

Hero

@cheekykim17 Moved your post here. You would need to press SHOW ALL to see all other forums.

--------

To answer your question: No, you don't need all expansions. Just install what you have and you should be good to go. EA does recommend installing the EPs in order of release but I've never had an issue not doing so. If you only have one, install the one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (82 Views)

Re: Sims 3 game play and installation

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

No that is not true about the sims 3. You only need the base game to play the sims 3. Any expantion packs you add after that is up to you but the expantion packs will not work without the base game installed. You patch the base game to 1.67 and then add any expation packs you like. For you this would be generations. You no longer need to add expantion packs in any order only that the base game is patched to 1.67. You patch the base game by downloading origin. Orgin should patch your game.

As for BF4 you would need to post in the BF4 forum.

PS Crin, I was trying to get all the posts that were not answered this morning and it seems we keep posting at the same time LOL

Message 3 of 3 (81 Views)