Sims 3 game keeps crashing

by megandavis07

Original Post

Sims 3 game keeps crashing

★★ Novice

My sims 3 game keeps going black and crashing after about 45 minutes or less of game play. I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled it. I do not know what else to do please help me i have spent too much money on this game to not be able to play it.

Message 1 of 7 (8,892 Views)

Re: Sims 3 game keeps crashing

Hero

Have you tried all the stuff here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Game-Crashes-CTD/td-p/656/ ?

• What is your operating system
  • At what point does your game crash ? Any regularities ?
  • How long can you usually play ?
  • Which EP/SPs do you have installed ?
  • Are you using custom content and mods in your game ?
  • It's also good to include your DxDiag: https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (8,791 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had the exact same problem, it happens randomly and sometimes it goes away for a few weeks but it comes back again :I I have noticed that it often happens when placing bath tubs and mirrors for some strange reason? My screen goes black but i can still see and move the curser, it will the shut down and crash -.- again like you I have contacted EA numerous times aswell and uninstalling etc etc....help!?

Message 3 of 7 (8,574 Views)

★ Novice

I have also been having crashing issues. After some time of play, the game crashes. I've gotten it the habbit of saving every-so-often so as to save what little progress I can until it decides to crash again.

There is nothing I can find to be wrong with my computer, it is only about a year old and has plenty of graphic space. I'm only having trouble with the Sims game; even Spore (another EA game) works fine. (These are the only games I have on my computer plus Steam)

TonboCat

Message 4 of 7 (8,572 Views)

Hero

@jshs20: Could you please open your own thread answering all the questions in the post above you

@tonbocat: I answered you in your thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (8,569 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It keeps happening whith spore however because i can`t go on sims 3 because of the servers im not sure if this will happen to sims aswell i have don what other people have told me to do its not stopping.Please help:robotmad:

Message 6 of 7 (3,491 Views)

Hero

If this is about Spore, it's best to post in the Spore forum.

If it's about Sims, it's best if you made your own thread, posting as much info as possible

Here's some guidelines: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/READ-FIRST-Help-us-Helpers-to-Help-you/td-p/255562/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (3,486 Views)