Sims 3 game crashes

by meaghanr

Original Post

Sims 3 game crashes

★★★ Newbie

MY GAME KEEPS CRASHING!!! I have multiple expansion packs. (sims 3 pets, high end loft stuff, world adventures, ambitions, and seasons) I recently got seasons and it messed up my entire game. it lags freezes and crashes. when i am starting up the game it takes a while for the launcher to start up, start up the game and either freezes before getting to the seasons loading screen, or continues on but takes longer then usual. Once i get to the playing screen where you either choose a previously saved sim games, i start a new game and the loading screen to get into the town, no sims store towns, just the ones that come with the game, it loads SLOWLY to just under a quarter of the loading bar then crashes! a pop up says "a problem has caused sims 3 to crash (or something like that) windows will shut down sims 3 and notify you if a resolution is found" WHAT DO I DO?? What kind of problem would this be? it isn't a virus, as far as i can tell, i have been checking my virus protection (McAfee AntiVirus Plus) and i have looked at a few other questions but none of the answers seem to fix my problem. i have windows7 and a SONY VAIO laptop, i have had it for 2 years and have ReBooted it once, we were going to reboot it again but we cannot figure out how, it says we need a disk ... we dont have it . and other ways it says i could are not working!

Message 1 of 2 (530 Views)

Re: Sims 3 game crashes

★★★★ Guide

Try some of the solutions here first of all:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Game-Crashes-CTD/td-p/656

One other thing that leaps out at me from your details is McAfee. I have McAfee Antivirus and it has caused me a lot of problems with the Sims games - playing, the launcher, installing store content etc. If you find that none of the solutions in the linked thread work, I would suggest giving this a go - turn off McAfee Real Time scanning whilst you load up your game. Once a hood has been loaded, minimise your game window and turn Real Time Scanning back on, then go back to playing your game. This has worked for me, so it would be worth trying if nothing else solves your problem.

Message 2 of 2 (518 Views)