Sims 3 freezing

by kaylar317

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 freezing

★★ Novice

It seems as if an NPC in your town is probably stuck and it's slowing your game down - there are a few ways to fix this issue. 

1. press ctrl + shift + C

2. in a paused live mode,  type in the box: resetsim * - this will reset ALL sims in your town and free any stuck sims. 

Another cause for lag could be an accumilation of backup files in your Sims folder. Try this: 

1. Go to documents/My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3

2. Go to your DCBackup folder and delete all files except ccmerged. DO NOT DELETE CCMERGED.

If your game still lags, try lowering the graphics, if issues still persist this link may help you; http://sims3fixes.wordpress.com/2013/07/25/sims-3-freezes-and-lags/

*You may want to consult EA customer service via live chat 

Happy Simming!

Message 11 of 13 (530 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Easy fix actuely. just did it myself after hours of frustration. Go download the sims 3 mod overwatch / master controller / Story progression / error trap create a sub folder in your sims 3 folder called mods, create another sub folder in the new mods folder called packages and then extract all thoughs mods to that sub folder. boom no lagg

Message 12 of 13 (458 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Whenever I open up the cheat console it freezes my game and I can't do anything besides restarting the game and its annoying because I want to use the reset sim command 

Message 13 of 13 (377 Views)