Sims 3 freezing

by kaylar317

Original Post

Sims 3 freezing

★★★ Newbie

My sims 3 game keeps freezing within seconds of playing. What can be done to fix this?

Message 1 of 13 (13,504 Views)

Re: Sims 3 freezing

Hero

Please post some more info.

Have you gone through this checklist: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Lags-amp-Freezes/td-p/646/jump-to/first-unread-message ?

What are your computer specs ?

Does it lag or freeze completely ? 

Do you play logged in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (13,485 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know Im not the person who originaly asked this question but Im experiencing the same issues, my computer specs exceed the requirements thoroughly. Im not playing with any mods and this is a brand new install and a new  game with all updates downloaded.  It was fine for a while but now it freezes almost every few seconds for minutes at a time. My computer itself isnt frozen as Im able to switch to other programs with ease and perform tasks without an issue even as my sims game is frozen.  Furthermore it doesnt freeze in BUILD or BUY mode, only during LIVE mode. 

I downloaded Sims 3 via steam, Im running windows 8 64 bit.

Message 3 of 13 (12,103 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same issue. The game starts freezing for about 10 to 15 seconds every mintue over and over. Deleting the cache files only temporarly fixes the issue, for about 30 minutes. I still have full control of my computer when the game freezes. A quick look at the Processes in Task Manager shows The Sims 3 MAXING out my processor up to 98%.

Expansions:

Pets

Late Night

Generations

Computer Specs:

AMD 965

Radeon 5850 

Message 4 of 13 (11,132 Views)

Hero

Try resetting all your Sims in your town with the cheat resetsim *.

You might have a stuck Sim somewhere

Here's some more tips: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Lags-amp-Freezes/td-p/646

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (11,125 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having a similar issue only my entire world freezes and doesn't unfreeze. What exactly does that cheat do? Does it completely reset your family?

Message 6 of 13 (5,575 Views)

Hero

It just puts all Sims to a safe location. You won't loose any progress. If they are at work, they will be beamed home and will need to go to work again but that's about all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 13 (5,565 Views)

★★ Novice

Why does my Sims 3 game only freeze when I'm in my home town. When I go on vacation, it works perfectly fine.

Message 8 of 13 (4,675 Views)

Hero

What town is your home town ? It really depends on the size of the worlds and the routing issues a world has.

Maybe you also have a stuck sim somewhere in your world. Use resetsim * to put all your sims in a safe location.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (4,673 Views)

★ Guide

This is now also happening to me after I installed Into The Future. Never before but now all of a sudden BOOM keeps freezing? I might just have to uninstall Into The Future if they don't patch and fix this game soon. 

Message 10 of 13 (3,957 Views)