Sims 3 expansions missing

by SnowyLuary26

Original Post

Re: The Sims 3 Expansions and stuff packs disappeared from launcher

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Minkyneese Where did you buy it from?  They are deactivating packs bought from unauthorized retailers.  Also, if you read your TOS, you don't really own the game even if you buy it on disc.  They have the right to revoke usage rights at any time.  * I know...but that's EA.  GOOD LUCK getting your pack back!

Message 51 of 287 (1,820 Views)

★★ Novice

Ebay I just messaged that seller and I have decided I will NEVER buy an EA Game again!!!!!!!!!!!.thank you

Message 52 of 287 (1,794 Views)

★★ Novice

Let me guess you got from Fine Digital Studios?

Message 53 of 287 (1,790 Views)

★ Apprentice

What is this Fine Digital Studios?

Message 54 of 287 (1,775 Views)

Expansion Packs Missing Sims 3

★ Novice

I just updated Origin and two of my Sims 3 expansion packs have gone missing Frown How can I get them back? Thank you 

Message 55 of 287 (1,680 Views)

Sims 3 Expansion Packs Not Loading in game

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I recently bought Island Paradise and Generations off of Origin. They loaded fine into the game until I updated my origin client and the game loads only with my eps that I installed through disks. I tried repairing sims 3 but that didn't work. Island Paradise and Generations do not show up as not installed (only the eps I installed through disk show up as installed) and I attempted to use the download button but the download pop up just says preparing and then says done and doesn't actually install the game.

How do I reinstall these games if I don't even have a disk and it wont let me? Can I repair the eps or delete the eps from my hard drive somehow?

Edit: I found the ep files and I'll see if deleting them will do something...

Edit 2: Deleting the corresponding eps from C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 seems to have done the trick so far

Edit 3 : nope didn't help... only the disk eps are working.

Message 56 of 287 (1,779 Views)

Re: Expansion Packs Missing Sims 3

Message 57 of 287 (1,662 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansion Packs Not Loading in game

★★★★★ Apprentice

Do you still have the code for the games? You can enter the code on the origin app on your pc by going to origin> redeem product code. Go to the store on the origin app, go under store > browse games> The Sims > The Sims 3. Does it says that the games are installed?

Message 58 of 287 (1,772 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Generations and Island paradise aren't showing up in "expansions and stuff". Just the expansions I installed from disks. It says that they're installed now after I deleted them from my program folder. Frown

Message 59 of 287 (1,758 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Can you install them now?

Message 60 of 287 (1,753 Views)