Re: Missing Sims 3 Expansion Pack!!

by Catlee2

Original Post

★ Guide

@Shannon4J

Thank you so much for the Steam Sale information - WOW they have some good bargains going on for a few more days. I have an old Steam account, but have not looked on there for a while. After reading your post I went there to browse the sales (I love Sales- LOL).

And I did not know you could purchase a Sims game code from steam and activate it on Origin - that is really nice to know!!!

Your tip will help alot of people that did not get their packs re-activated and would like to re-purchase or even for people like me that still had a few packs they wanted to get yet.

Thanks Again & Happy Sim'in :eahigh_file:

Message 221 of 287 (1,214 Views)

★★ Novice

@Shannon4J Thank you so very much for posting your success story where you repurchased blocked packs from the Steam sale (and the base game:we tried it and you can't purchase just the packs from Steam; you have to have the game in Steam). We put the codes (9 of them!) in Origin and Voila!!

It worked like a charm, so fast and easy! We were worried we'd end up doing some convoluted registry editing-type crazy work-around that you would need to be a rocket scientist to figure out. But, nope - Shannon to the rescue!  You rock: thanx again!!

Message 222 of 287 (1,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
@pixelcatss and @Catlee2,

I am so glad to have helped! I was beyond frustrated and at my wits end when EA would not help me! Any other game I would have just let it go, but my Sims 3!! Standard smile

Now I am beyond excited!!! Standard smile Standard smile Standard smile
Message 223 of 287 (1,191 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Shannon4J Do i half to buy the game itself? i would love to finally play with Seasons but i don't want to rebuy the game AND seasons 

Message 224 of 287 (1,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@MisssAj 

If you have not looked at the prices yet you should. I think it said the sale goes until July 5. The base game is only $4.99 right now, so are most all the expansion packs. Just a couple are $7.49 and those have the base game plus an expansion (like pets or showtime)

@Shannon4J posted that yes you have to buy the base game to purchase any of the expansions - and that you do not have to install it - just use the expansion pack codes on your origin account and it will re-activate them

Message 225 of 287 (1,175 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MisssAj:
Yes, you need to purchase the base game, it is $4.99 United States price.

I was willing to pay it since it was so low and I got my blocked games back.
Message 226 of 287 (1,154 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Yes, @Catlee2 said it correctly! Standard smile

Happy Simming!!!!!!!!! 😆😆😆😆😆😆
Message 227 of 287 (1,152 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just tried it, and it WORKED!! Thank you thank you @Shannon4J for helping me. I'm so happy i got my Seasons back!! THANK YOU Heart

Message 228 of 287 (1,107 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@MisssAj  You're welcome! I am so glad you got your Seasons back!!!  Standard smile Standard smile Standard smile

Message 229 of 287 (1,081 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Expansions and stuff packs disappeared from launcher

★★ Guide

I came here to find out why my World Adventure EP isn't loading, and as all mentioned steps don't work I assume I have been given a faulty code. I have reported the code on G2A where I bought it. Just one thing remains unclear to me. When I get a (working?) replacement code, how can I redeem that when the other one is already registered in thesims3 site and origin? It will just show that I already own the expansion, and I assume I can't 'own' it twice? How would I go about doing that?

Message 230 of 287 (1,071 Views)