Sims 3 expansion packs won't show in launcher?

by LoumaryMorales

Original Post

Sims 3 expansion packs won't show in launcher?

★ Apprentice

I installed all the expansion packs but it won't show up in the game launcher, in origin it say is intalled, but in the game launcher it won't appear.

Message 71 of 287 (2,667 Views)

Re: Sims 3 expansion packs won't show in launcher?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Did you buy them off of eBay? EA seems to have purged all eBay keys. At least for me, any content purchased via eBay has been locked on EA end.

Message 72 of 287 (2,656 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 Expansions and stuff packs disappeared from launcher

★★★ Apprentice

it isn't just fine digital studios, it's five 7 games  and multiple other sellers that this is happening with.

Message 73 of 287 (2,718 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I think EA made a mistake with this revoke of codes/packs.

Because I have 9 expansions which were bought from 3-4 different sellers. All of my packs are wiped out of my game launcher, like everyone else, except for 1 (Pets)  I had also purchased 2 more packs from that same seller.  So if that seller did a charge-back then my Pets pack should not be working either.

I cannot believe that so many different sellers all did a charge-back, it does not make sense. I could see if it was 1 maybe 2 different people, but with all the different sellers everyone has been listing in their posts it seems more likely EA just did a blanket revoke on all purchased codes. I could be wrong, but that is what it looks like they did. and if that is the case they need to re-instate the authorized ones.

Message 74 of 287 (2,709 Views)

Sims 3 expansion packs are showing as not purchased

★ Novice

I have bought several Sims 3 Expansion Packs online through origin codes which have all worked perfectly in the past, I haven't played on the sims in a while and when I've come onto Origin a few of them are showing up as though I have never downloaded or purchased them. The only option I get for these  expansion packs are to purchase them. Any tips on how to resolve this bug? 

Message 75 of 287 (2,665 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I have experienced this issue as I launch the game with my Desktop Shortcut, all of the expansions I downloaded through Origin would not show up: I then launched the game through origin and all of the games I downloaded reappeared. It worked for me and I hope it works for you Standard smile

Message 76 of 287 (2,698 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Catlee2 You're right. It was a blanket revoke of all codes purchased from non authorized, third party sellers.  I added that addendum to my original post but it doesn't seem to have migrated to this thread when the moderators merged them. 😀

Message 77 of 287 (2,688 Views)

Sims 3 expansion packs are showing as not purchased

★★ Novice
I purchased on origin The Sims 3 and all its expansions and stuff packs . I hadn't played the sims in over a week and when I decided to play I saw that Supernatural had been deleted and I couldn't downloaded and when I re-opened the game none of my expansions or stuff packs were showing and in origin it said that I hadn't purchased them. So I unistalled and re-installed mg sims but origin still shows that I haven't purchased any expansion pack . What can I do ??
Message 78 of 287 (2,650 Views)

★ Guide

@ellenarestrick97

You can contact them through the eBay messaging system. Go into your purchase history then pull up the packs you purchased that are revoked. There should be an option on your purchase info page to "Contact" the seller Try that and see if you can get a response from the person you purchased from.

If you cannot find them that way, then you can also go into "Advanced Search" (it is on the top right side of your "My eBay" page). Click on that then look on the left side of the page and the member options at the bottom are: "Find Member" or "Find Contact Information" 

Or go into your PayPal (if you paid that way) and look up the transaction details. The details on the transaction will also include the seller email and sometimes even the sellers phone number.

Be sure to save all the messages if you get a hold of the seller. Because eBay and PayPal will look at them if they investigate. But they also might be useful to show EA.

Message 79 of 287 (2,665 Views)

Re: Sims 3 expansion packs are showing as not purchased

★★★ Apprentice

Did you buy these codes from eBay? Origin seems to have done a mass purge and lock of codes bought from eBay and other unauthorized dealers.

Message 80 of 287 (2,633 Views)