Re: Sims 3 expansion packs installed, yet not content not showing up in game or launcher

by favvify

Original Post

Sims 3 expansion packs installed, yet not content not showing up in game or launcher

★ Novice

Up until last week I have had hardly any issues with my Sims 3 game, and it has only been until I decided to install THE SIMS 3: SEASONS expansion pack that I have had issues. My week, summarised: 

- Installed SEASONS, game crashes every 5 minutes. Looked all over the internet for a fix/word from EA to no avail. Gave up and uninstalled.

- The majority of my game content was not showing up in game. Most of these 'missing games' had not been showing up in the launcher since installation, but were still present in game. Now, my game was absent of all HIGH END LOFT STUFF, AMBITIONS, FAST LANE STUFF, LATE NIGHT, OUTDOOR LIVING STUFF, GENERATIONS, and TOWN LIFE STUFF, content. It did, however, show SIMS 3 (BASE GAME), WORLD ADVENTURES,  PETS, MASTER SUITE STUFF, SHOWTIME, and DIESEL STUFF content.

- Again, I searched the internet and help forums for answers. And again, I was left once more to uninstall the entirety of my Sims 3 collection. 

- Re-installed each game in the order of release.

- Launched game, found out once more that these same games (HIGH END LOFT STUFF, AMBITIONS, FAST LANE STUFF, LATE NIGHT, OUTDOOR LIVING STUFF, GENERATIONS, and TOWN LIFE STUFF) were not present within my game, as well as the WORLD ADVENTURES expansion pack. 

Where have I gone wrong/what should I do? Frown

Message 1 of 10 (2,542 Views)

Re: Sims 3 expansion packs installed, yet not content not showing up in game or launcher

★ Novice

I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on a MacBook Pro by the way.

Message 2 of 10 (2,530 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Have you found the solution? I am having the same problem right now. I reinstalled all of them and now there is only base game on the launcher: there are no icons for the expansions at the bottom line like usual. Frown I cannot update to the latest patch either (if that is also the source of the problem)

I am also still searching for the answers so I wonder if you have got it. 

Thank you.

Message 3 of 10 (2,465 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been working with customer service to try and get this same problem figured out. I will post the solution here once they finish helping me today. :-)

Message 4 of 10 (2,342 Views)

★★★★ Novice

so any solution?

Message 5 of 10 (1,823 Views)

Hero

Are you on a mac too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,821 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the exact same problems on my game. Did we waste a bunch of money?????

Message 7 of 10 (1,687 Views)

Hero

On a mac ? 

It's best if you started your own thread describing your issue in as many details as possible.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,683 Views)

Re: Sims 3 expansion packs installed, yet not content not showing up in game or

★★★ Newbie

Any solution to this? I'm on a Mac Mavericks. Newly installed Sims 3 & all expansions. But Ambitions content is missing even though it shows up as installed.

Message 9 of 10 (1,524 Views)

Re: Sims 3 expansion packs installed, yet not content not showing up in game or

Champion (Retired)

@drgwisc wrote:

Any solution to this? I'm on a Mac Mavericks. Newly installed Sims 3 & all expansions. But Ambitions content is missing even though it shows up as installed.

Hi

Did you install from Origin or from discs? When you open the game launcher, is the small icon along the bottom for Ambitions coloured-in or still greyed-out?

Caspin

Message 10 of 10 (1,520 Views)