Re: Sims 3 expansion pack won't download on base game from CD.

by Sam72900

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 3 expansion pack won't download on base game from CD.

★ Novice

I've just brought The Sims 3 Showtime on origin. But as I have base game on disc everytime I'm trying to download expansion from Origin I get a message

"It's seems the base game for this DLC was not installed through Origin. For The Sims 3 Showtime to work, you will need to:

1.Select Uninstall Now below,locate the base game, and follow the on-screen instruction..."

That's mean, that I can play only CD expansions and to play online expansion I have to by Original game again? Or there's a way to do it?Frown

Message 1 of 12 (6,403 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

This was happening to me as well. After googling for some time I found out if you just click the "i" instead of download. When it's at the information page just click download from there. It worked for me. Good luck!

View in thread

Message 3 of 12 (6,565 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

This just happened to me too! Really, really angry and no where does it say base game needs to be downloaded and I've downloaded EPs for Island Paradise and Seasons with no problems.

At the moment I have uninstalled just the base game on my PC - asks if you want to keep your played games when installing! and warns your EPs won't work but still installed - and have gone to my Origin library, which gives the option of downloading as game from disk should already be registered. Right now it has been 30 minutes and I am 3% downloaded with 3 hours 45 minutes to go(?!) so can't guarantee this will work but does give me the option to download Showtime now as well (paused until Base game completed). Hope that works for you! :catvery-happy:

Message 2 of 12 (6,359 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

This was happening to me as well. After googling for some time I found out if you just click the "i" instead of download. When it's at the information page just click download from there. It worked for me. Good luck!

Message 3 of 12 (6,566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@sam72900 This worked for me! Thank you.

Message 4 of 12 (6,320 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me also! Thank you!

Message 5 of 12 (6,238 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was having the same problem with Into the Future expansion pack and your suggestion worked! Thank you so much!

Message 6 of 12 (6,096 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@sam72900 Thank you so much! Life saver!!!!!!!

Message 7 of 12 (5,825 Views)

★★★ Newbie

dude thanx :D it worked for me to 

Message 8 of 12 (5,533 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

clicking the i and then downloading worked for me too! Confusedmileyvery-happy: thank you!!

Message 9 of 12 (5,219 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

you da bestt!!!!

Message 10 of 12 (5,171 Views)