Re: Sims 3 dragon valley

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 3 dragon valley

★★★ Newbie

I have bought Sims 3 Dragon Valley and have tried to install it. It does not come up with the section to enter the code and won't install. Also along the bottom of the start screen there is no icon for the Dragon Valley game yet. How come?

Message 1 of 11 (494 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

DV is a Store World and as such, it should show up in your purchase History to download and install through the launcher: https://store.thesims3.com/purchaseHistory.html 

code is redeemed here: https://store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (486 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have same problem, check my answers here on this forum. I redeemed my cd-key on Origin, where you redeem all EA games but nothing istalled. I asked EA and they told me to go here sims3.com but it says that my code is already used (ofc because I used it on Origin). My when I check "My history" there is no DV. So I would like to know, why I can't install DV, well, why DV isn't under my history and why I see that small icon telling me I own DV and my patch is 1.55.4.022017 .

Message 3 of 11 (483 Views)

Hero

Well, if the icon is there, you should own it.

Which purchase history are you checking ? Origin or thesims3.com ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (480 Views)

★★★★ Novice

on "sims3.com"

Message 5 of 11 (477 Views)

Hero

And the icon is also on thesims3.com or is there one in Origin (I don't use Origin so I really have no clue about it) ?

I've seen people have the issue the other way round. Have the item in their purchase history: https://store.thesims3.com/purchaseHistory.html but not the icon on their myPage but you must be the first person that has the icon but not the world. 

Are you sure there aren't any filters active in the purchase history ?

If so, I'm really out of ideas and since I can't take a look at your account (only CS can do that), I'm unable to help you further. You will need to talk to an EA game advisor again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (475 Views)

★★★★ Novice

icon is on "sims3.com" only. There is no icon or shortcut on Origin for DV - EA told me. I made a ticket and they (EA) told me that I should registred my cd-key on "sims3.com" which I can't do anymore because I redeemed my cd-key on Origin.

Well, I think I am very special :P have my icon but no DV Frown

Message 7 of 11 (473 Views)

Hero

Did you try talking to them on live chat again ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (466 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes I did, I decided to contact them via live chat, not like before (I made a ticket). I met nice person which gave me new code for CV which I redeemed on "sims3.com" so everything is fine. Problem solved, case closed Wink

Message 9 of 11 (455 Views)

Hero

I'm glad you got it sorted Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (449 Views)